BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend drove me to the dealer the other day. I had to ask the service rep a few question regardling my bimmer. Since I didn't have my car with me, I offered him my VIN # so that he can look up my service record.

He replied by asking me whether I had my Master Key with me.

I was like---"WTF? I said, I don't have my car with me," as I mumbled this in my head.

I gave him the key anway and he scan it through this detector that he had.

On his computer, my entire car service record showed up. I was like ----------------WOW---------------

Not only did the Master Key reveals my service record but it showed him my current MILEAGE and next service interval and along with other misc data (built date, options, etc)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was amazed too when I had my 1st service yesterday. The advisor placed my key in a blue colored gadget which i always think that it is a pc speaker. What a coincidence?

·
I'm not a bum, I'm a nomad
994 Posts
yeah they do that. Are you guys being sarcastic:dunno: ?
I think it tells only miles and last check up. Doesnt tell what they've done but it does link up the last check up to there system so they can see what's been done on your car.

·
alfisti & bimmer fan
2,096 Posts
old news, :D my dealer has that system like 3 years ago :lol:, also they know what lights you have in the dash board, like inspection, oil service and others

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
i think the new 7's key (and 5 i imagine) can do even more, when hooked up to the car (i think they can scan it to see if any faults have been thrown in the car, its like a little black box or some sh!t) :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts