E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi' everyone is it a good idea to used "marvel mystery oil" on my E46 I have read some reviews and my brother used it for his truck and he say it feels better and more gas mileage .. What you guys think have someone try it ???

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm not putting mystery anthing in my bmw... sorry.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I've used it for intial engine break in after a headgasket & cleaning job, and it's good stuff. But then again I'm a mullet wearing, barnyard mechanic who warms his car up in the morning and I only replace my cooling systems on every other Tuesday. Is there some specific reason that you are asking?
Edit: Oh I see, I should pay more attention to the original post, I don't know about that, but would be interested to find out.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,650 Posts
Does it say "BMW LL-01" on the bottle. Of course it doesn't, which is no mystery to me. Don't use it.

Instead, check out what I use: Dr. Snakes Magical Lubricating Formula--guaranteed for whatever

I use his "Python" blend, which I consider to be far better than the Boa formulation. For coolant, I'd recommend, "Janet Jackson's Amazing Engine Coolant and Hair conditioning blend" Both available at my website for purchase: dmaxesamazingfluidsforbmws.com

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The"mystery" is that people still buy this sh!t after 90 years.
It was developed back when naming something "Marvel Mystery Oil" would actually attract people to buy it, which is the same time that they had doctors reccomending a certain brand of cigarette, Coca Cola was sold as medicine, and paragoric was given to babies to help them sleep, and it was just liquid opium. So, unless you are driving a Stanley Steamer, I would skip this stuff.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The"mystery" is that people still buy this sh!t after 90 years.
It was developed back when naming something "Marvel Mystery Oil" would actually attract people to buy it, which is the same time that they had doctors reccomending a certain brand of cigarette, Coca Cola was sold as medicine, and paragoric was given to babies to help them sleep, and it was just liquid opium. So, unless you are driving a Stanley Steamer, I would skip this stuff.
FYI....."Coke Syrup" is still prescribed as medication to help people settle their stomach.

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can't believe people diss MMO and then put Seafoam in their BMWs.

MMO has a high film strength and low viscosity. It has some solvent properties. It is particularly good with valve guides, and hydraulic lifters. It won't hurt your engine in "normal" doses. Given BMWs notorious oil issues, I can understand people not putting anything in their crankcases that's not LL01.

I've never used MMO or Seafoam in my 330. If I needed to choose one, I'd use MMO.

Jim

Then again, I have no problem using phosphate free Prestone, so let the flogging begin.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have put that in my Jeep Wrangler every oil change since I bought it new, 234,731 miles later and it still runs good! I don't know if it would do anything for your car but I don't believe it will have negative effects!
Don't listen to some of the sheep in here...half these guys believe you need to put BMW approved air in your tires!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.