Votes: 383 35.0%
  • I dont know

Votes: 36 3.3%

• Total voters
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
everyone on this site either has a manual. or wishes they did...
Since I started driving (quite a while back now), I've had 4 manuals that I've driven regularly. I think the last one I had will be the last one I ever have. My 330i isn't a manual, and that's exactly the way I want it.

That being said, my next car will probably be a toy and I'll be needing a DSG. Still won't wish my BMW was a manual.

·
Registered
357 Posts
When I was younger I said I would never drive an auto. Then I wanted a car that only came in auto and don't think I will drive a manual unless its a sports car that I don't drive everyday(think M3 not 330).

Its also worth noting that I live in the city. Also the steptronic is a great auto and maybe thats why I am content with it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
ever since i got my license in 2006 when i was 16 the 2 cars Ive had, my rsx-s and now 330ci have been manual that I have driven pretty much around 340+ days of the year and sometimes in awful traffic. No matter how bad the traffic gets I never regret buying a car that requires a little extra effort because to me I enjoy driving a car with 3 pedals which is probably why I get a little irked when I hear people say they do not want stick because of traffic

·
Registered
357 Posts
ever since i got my license in 2006 when i was 16 the 2 cars Ive had, my rsx-s and now 330ci have been manual that I have driven pretty much around 340+ days of the year and sometimes in awful traffic. No matter how bad the traffic gets I never regret buying a car that requires a little extra effort because to me I enjoy driving a car with 3 pedals which is probably why I get a little irked when I hear people say they do not want stick because of traffic
When I was 21 I was saying the same thing.

At 21 I can remember driving home from the gym and not being able to press the clutch, being 2hrs in dead stop traffic and still shouting I love manuals. Now It would just piss me off and I would be shouting I want an auto. things change for us all(some later than others)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Every single car I owned in my life is a manual. My 330ci is a auto. I am so much happier driving an auto. I work in SF and the hills are a fucking bitch sometimes glad i have a auto now though :]

·
Registered
218 Posts
Manual is the only way to go, but what I think is hilarious is I see there are 3 ways to vote. Manual, Auto, & "DONT KNOW" ??????? Really ??????? Dont know ???? How can you not know what type of tranny you have ????? WTF ?!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
417 Posts
haha...my options not up there! Right now I drive an Auto 330Ci, and it's nice! I love my car! But after I drive my dad's SMG M5 and my bros SMG M3. I'd have to say i love the SMG moar than the Auto and a manual! You get the feel of a stick, without the 3rd pedal! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Step. I wish I had a manual now, but they're hard to find in my area. Plus we got my car while I was still learning to drive. I had my permit two months when we got it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Auto for the older gent/ lady... Petrol head needs to control their speed using manual. Hitting the turbo at each gear for max speed

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
3 Posts
BMW's are drivers cars, and in my opinion stick is the only way to go! Even though paddle shifters might be faster they did nothing for me while test driving a 6 series.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Out of the cars I've owned, 5 have been manuals, including both BMW's. More stories on the other cars at another time :)

Dare I say my first car was a manual 1975 Ford Pinto, the notorious Ralph Nadar recall for exploding gas tank?

·
Registered
1 Posts
6 speed manual. But would like an auto some time for ease, but like changing gear while I am able still have ha ha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Driving a manual in LA traffic suuuucks... So I had to get an automatic when my 325 was wrecked. Bummer. Honestly I dont miss the SMG.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Manual. I've only owned manuals for the past 11 years, I don't really like to drive automatics. Even when I had to drive on the 495 beltway in the DC area I preferred a manual.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts