BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recently done a manual swap in my 03 325i I brought it to a euro tuner to get the ecu recoded to get the lights off and to make the car recognize it’s now manual. After driving an hour away they told me they couldn’t connect with the EWS but were able to connect to the DME we thought the EWS wasn’t in the car I got back home to see that it is in fact in the car and plugged in so why wouldn’t he be able to connect? I was told by last owner there is no neutral safety switch but I don’t see how they would make them not able to connect to it to recode my ecu

·
the people’s mod
2004 330Ci 115k miles
15,065 Posts
It doesn't sound like your Euro tuner is too familiar with E46 manual swaps/ coding / EWS
Agreed, that tuner likely doesn’t even know that EWS is not directly involved for coding VO changes on 09/2001+ E46s; LCM is backup for cluster on those.
We can do a remote session and see what’s up. I PM’ed OP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use Chrome Remote Desktop when doing DME updates for people. See this thread.
Need a DME or EGS flash update?

Sent you a PM with my contact info and details of the process.
I have contacted you,
The person I had bought the car from all he told me was that there’s no clutch neutral safety switch witch I don’t see why would effect anything with connecting to ews and weird the shop said they couldn’t do it without connecting they’ve done this on a lot of e46s weird.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Run through this guide to get the software installed then see if you can connect to DME, EWS, AKMB (cluster) using INPA.
How to Install BMW Standard Tools
I can remotely code it if you like, no charge.
i am trying to do this myself after extracting the ec-apps.zip into my computer it is not letting me run inpa, please help im stuck it is saying inpaload.exe was removed or changed idk how to add back ive been trying at this for a while now

·
the people’s mod
2004 330Ci 115k miles
15,065 Posts
i am trying to do this myself after extracting the ec-apps.zip into my computer it is not letting me run inpa, please help im stuck it is saying inpaload.exe was removed or changed idk how to add back ive been trying at this for a while now
We can do a remote session and I will fix it. Text me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We can do a remote session and I will fix it. Text me.
also sorry if ive been a bother at all i just only have the laptop for the night until i go out and get one. sadly theres no good euro tuning shops around me even if i really wanted to pay to get it done ive been dailying it but my temp sticer is almost bad

·
the people’s mod
2004 330Ci 115k miles
15,065 Posts
also sorry if ive been a bother at all i just only have the laptop for the night until i go out and get one. sadly theres no good euro tuning shops around me even if i really wanted to pay to get it done ive been dailying it but my temp sticer is almost bad
No bother at all. Today I was in and out a lot and missed your text until late.
Text me when you get the laptop again and we will get it done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if anyone reading this forum knows how to work inpa pm me been having trouble getting the program to run after installing files for MT swap weird Bc INPA works fine until I deleted existing files and Install the files needed to recode my car

·
the people’s mod
2004 330Ci 115k miles
15,065 Posts
if anyone reading this forum knows how to work inpa pm me been having trouble getting the program to run after installing files for MT swap weird Bc INPA works fine until I deleted existing files and Install the files needed to recode my car
I will be available today after 12-noon my time (PDT, GMT-7).

·
the people’s mod
2004 330Ci 115k miles
15,065 Posts
OP and I did a remote session, but ran into a couple issues.
  1. The EGS (auto trans control module) is still installed and needs to be removed before the car can be properly coded for a manual trans swap.
  2. The K+DCAN cable switch is not working right. We can only see the DME but cannot access all the other modules. IKE/AKMB (instrument cluster) and LCM/ALSZ (light control module) need to be accessible at minimum to change the VO/FA for a manual trans swap.
He will resolve these issues then we will resume.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts