E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well in a few months I will be moving to Boston (transferring to another school.) The main thing I dont know what to do about is transportation. I love my little 323i, but will it be practical as a daily driver in Boston? I am from Wisconsin, and she is my daily driver here so shes used to snow and such, but how does the equation add up: snow + big city + traffic + BMW = ?
Another problem is my bike. I have an R6 that I drive around during the warmer months. Is the R6 going to be totally useless in Boston? I have had a bike for years now and I cant see myself w/o one. Maybe a scooter could satisfy my needs? Does anybody drive those around? Would they be practical? The worst thing I could think of is selling my bimmer (and my bike), but I have a feeling it may be the best option. Any suggestions? What do most people do?
P.S I would hate to sell my BMW and then come and live in the land of Bavauto, TMS, and e46fanatics.com aka Tim!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
dont sell them! city streets are not that bad as long as you are careful, as for winter and the bimmer you might want to pick up a beater for like 300 :p

·
Registered
183 Posts
Parking is your only issue - if the school provides it for a fee that isn't going to break the bank, then keep em. I sorta doubt they will though....

·
Registered
554 Posts
I live in downtown Boston... compared to NYC, it's easy to own a car here. Parking can be pricey, and it can be an issue. I used to pay $250/month, but cheaper parking can be found.

If you park on the street, be prepared for damage to bumpers, wheel curbing, parking tickets, dents, and occassional vandals or theft. I'm just being realistic. Street parking in winter totally blows too.

On the good side... if you end up having a pernament parking spot, you should be able to fit your bike and your car in it. :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the input guys!

davidjay420 said:
snow tires for the winter and no 20" rims and you are good to go :thumbup:
I already have the snow tires on my stock rims, and a set of asa ar1's as my summer wheels.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey cheesehead....haha, jk...I grew up in Minnesota and moved out here after my time in the Marine Corps....

The biggest thing you are going to have to get used to is the "east coast attitude" with the girls. No more blond sweeds hanging out at the bar shooting darts with you......get ready for over weight itallian chicks wearing half of thier salary in chlothes and accessories....and then giving you an attitude..It is funny as hell.

I know you will see what I am talking about as soon as you are hanging around for a while.....just have to get used to it, now I don't even notice.

Have fun, in school!

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have actually heard that term east coast attitude with girls from one of my boys from texas...i guess girl on the right side of the country are alot different from down south...."get ready for over weight itallian chicks wearing half of thier salary in chlothes and accessories....and then giving you an attitude" ugly chicks acting like they hot ....LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts