BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
18,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DDE Bulb Brightness Problem
There are some brightness issues with the bulbs recently supplied with DDEs. The particular bulb affected is a Damar brand bulb in a grey and orange box, p/n 9474A.

If you have received a DDE kit with these lamps and cannot see them during the daytime, this bulb is most likely the cause. The quickest, easiest way to correct this issue is to buy replacement bulbs locally but I can also supply new ones.

If you wish to purchase new bulbs, the correct specification is:

35W, 12 volt, MR-11 FTE Spot

Apexcone.com will reimburse you for the cost of replacing these bulbs or send you two new ones. To get new bulbs sent to you, mail your old lamp boxes or copy of your purchase receipt (PayPal record will suffice) dated after 11/21/02 and before 01/21/03 to:

Apexcone.com
1244 Calle Prospero
San Marcos, CA 92069

If you purchase new bulbs, please mail your cash register receipt with the 2 bulbs noted to the same address and you will receive a check for the amount plus tax. The receipt must clearly identify the bulbs. If it does not, please get the store to augment your receipt with a seperate receipt or ticket notating the bulbs. I'm sorry but this is required for tax purposes.

In either case, requesting replacement bulbs or reimbursement, be sure to enclose a copy of your request and your full name, address and phone number.

Do not email me or phone me. I can only respond to written requests by mail.

Thank you for your purchase. I am very sorry that there turns out to be an issue with these bulbs. The bulb used tends to be a commodity item to wholesalers and we get them in mixed batches that vary by brand and apparently quality But we'll take care of you. There will also be upcoming announcements that will improve the DDE product even further. Particularly brightness!!!

I take a lot of pride in making sure that the best product possible is available and I hate quality problems more than anyone. Unfortunately I can't test every single part before shipment and specifying a particular bulb at wholesale level seems to be impossible. I will begin purchasing the bulbs over the counter so that I can verify that the correct quality level is achieved every time.

Again, I am very sorry about this issue.
Please understand, this is how we do things. It's not unusual for a manufacturer to recall a product. It's unusual for a manufacturer to recall it when they are the size of us.

You HAVE had some issues, you HAVE had some changes.

We will remedy it.

BUT, you don't have that long to act - you have 10 days to get your request in, after that, we need to move to the NEXT LEVEL OF DDE:D

At which point, we will not offer this deal.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I need a bulb that is brighter that doesnt run so hot, I think my bulbs are somewhat melted and my fibers are hard like glass and burnt on the ends. Recutting them is like trying to cut rock, it mostly shatters and the cut isn't smooth. Guess the fibers were too close :dunno:

·
Site Sponsor
18,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no problem.
I think Cabby, you will want to upgrade to what we have coming.

Here's a snipit of info - no matter how long you put the fiber inside, it will NEVER burn, ever.

"Burn-in" test shows that after 7 straight 24 hours, the fiber was just fine. Not the slightest tinge of anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts