E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:loco: I have to ask. How do these guys in magazines get there cars so cherry when they say they are students?! I went to college and on my budget then, gas was a challenge in my truck. $30,000 car plus mods on a student budget, HOW? Im not hatin' I just gotta know.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wealthy parents huh? My dad wastes more money in Vegas and would probably just igonre me had I asked him to pitch in on my build. Ive heard that some "students" use part of their loan.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
A lot of students use parts of their loans for their cars.

But it probably boils down to, Wealthy Parents.

·
Registered
512 Posts
They'll pay it back over the next 30 years. They'll look "cool" for 4 years, but after that they'll be scraping by. Not a good way to live, imo.

One of the reasons why I'm in a 325i and not an M3. I woke the hell up to reality!

·
Registered
134 Posts
mooninite said:
They'll pay it back over the next 30 years. They'll look "cool" for 4 years, but after that they'll be scraping by. Not a good way to live, imo.

One of the reasons why I'm in a 325i and not an M3. I woke the hell up to reality!
:werd: ! Either wealth is in the family, or these people are gunna be ina world of debt! Im 26, own my 3, and have 0 credit debt, if I would have bought this car new when I was in college I would have been paying it off until I was 50! :rolleyes: I feel sorry for these people when they turn 30 and learn there credit score is 500 hahaha!

·
Registered
185 Posts
mooninite said:

:werd: CREDIT!!! Also, I'm sure there's quite few that works hard for their money, however don't have too many expenses (I.E. living with parents, share rent with roommates, etc.) And a few entrepreneurs out there.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im not gonna lie. I have some credit cards helping me build my car. But I make sure everything is in order b4 the new parts come.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
cough cough, i think my buds know what i am coughing about...:)

don't worry man, im in the same situation. student on budget with a thirst to mod my car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts