E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before i even start, huge thanks to Hobbit for his amazing work and dedication to helping everyone in this community. I could not have done this without his help.

If you frequent this side of the forums, you've definitely seen me lurking on everyone's posts. Finally decided to make my own thread, so i don't have to spam others posts :thumbsup:

To start my car is a 2001 325i with 184,000 miles. At this point in time the B25 is running and in perfect shape, and has solid compression. At some point in time, i considered just boosting with the state of my engine, but ended up deciding to go for a full rebuild. Im hoping that this will allow me to keep the car a lot more reliable and maybe even run more power safely!

Heres whats going into the engine:
-Factory Head (Getting full rebuilt, ground, resurfaced)
-B25 Block (Also getting resurfaced and boiled, new main bearings)
-B30 Crankshaft and Rods (crank will be polished, rod bearings replaced)
-B25 Pistons (New piston rings)
-Raceware 11mm Head Studs
-ARP Connecting Rod Bolts
-Factory 1mm Oversized headgasket
-RallyRoad Secured Oil Pump Nut
-Every single seal and gasket will be replaced
-Swapping my getrag box to a zf 5 speed
-Stage 2 clutch (not sure if this is good for my 400 hp goal?)
-11 Pound Flywheel

So as of now, this build will happen in two stages. First being rebuilding the engine (which ill break in for a thousand miles) and then i will be installing the turbo kit. According to Hobbit my rebuilt motor should run fine with a little extra displacement (fingers crossed lol). Waiting on a few more things to come in then the engine build will start.

In regards to the turbo, definitely will be using the CXRacing kit. Ive started to pick up a few smaller things here and there but have been mostly focused and invested in getting the engine built up first. More updates to come on this very soon!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Before i even start, huge thanks to Hobbit for his amazing work and dedication to helping everyone in this community. I could not have done this without his help.

If you frequent this side of the forums, you've definitely seen me lurking on everyone's posts. Finally decided to make my own thread, so i don't have to spam others posts :thumbsup:

To start my car is a 2001 325i with 184,000 miles. At this point in time the B25 is running and in perfect shape, and has solid compression. At some point in time, i considered just boosting with the state of my engine, but ended up deciding to go for a full rebuild. Im hoping that this will allow me to keep the car a lot more reliable and maybe even run more power safely!

Heres whats going into the engine:
-Factory Head (Getting full rebuilt, ground, resurfaced)
-B25 Block (Also getting resurfaced and boiled, new main bearings)
-B30 Crankshaft and Rods (crank will be polished, rod bearings replaced)
-B25 Pistons (New piston rings)
-Raceware 11mm Head Studs
-ARP Connecting Rod Bolts
-Factory 1mm Oversized headgasket
-RallyRoad Secured Oil Pump Nut
-Every single seal and gasket will be replaced
-Swapping my getrag box to a zf 5 speed
-Stage 2 clutch (not sure if this is good for my 400 hp goal?)
-11 Pound Flywheel

So as of now, this build will happen in two stages. First being rebuilding the engine (which ill break in for a thousand miles) and then i will be installing the turbo kit. According to Hobbit my rebuilt motor should run fine with a little extra displacement (fingers crossed lol). Waiting on a few more things to come in then the engine build will start.

In regards to the turbo, definitely will be using the CXRacing kit. Ive started to pick up a few smaller things here and there but have been mostly focused and invested in getting the engine built up first. More updates to come on this very soon!
Hope your build goes well and looking forward to your results. :thumbup:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the kind words! Fuel pressure regulator, filter (e85 compatible), and AN fittings came in. Still waiting on the Walbro 450, something seems to be wrong with the tracking number. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rebuild kit arrived today. Also a bonus pic of the B30 Rods and Pistons, head studs, and con rod bolts!!

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sweeetttttt, we are basically doing the same build in the opposite direction lol. You doing internal work first while I am doing boost. They are going to rip!
Yep haha! Cant wait to see how both our cars turn out. Ill definitely be coming to you with questions once i started putting the turbo stuff together :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They can handle a serious number of boost in stock condition (if the bearings are still ok)
Daniel, how would i go about setting up my ECU to run on only 1 oxygen sensor? Would like to start playing with this before i get the turbo :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
From wiki:

Single O2 Feedback[edit]

Constant c_conf_cat has 5 different options which represent the ecu´s ability to work with different lambda probe setups. Set the following values that suit you needs:
0: One precat lambda sensor or cat-preparation (SA199)
1: Two precat lambda sensor or cat-preparation (SA199)
2: One precat lambda sensor and one postcat lambda sensor
3+4: Two precat lambda sensor and two postcat lambda sensor

http://www.ms43wiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
From wiki:

Single O2 Feedback[edit]

Constant c_conf_cat has 5 different options which represent the ecu´s ability to work with different lambda probe setups. Set the following values that suit you needs:
0: One precat lambda sensor or cat-preparation (SA199)
1: Two precat lambda sensor or cat-preparation (SA199)
2: One precat lambda sensor and one postcat lambda sensor
3+4: Two precat lambda sensor and two postcat lambda sensor

http://www.ms43wiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
Thanks man. I totally forgot to check the wiki :loco:

Anyways crazy progress has been made! Im about a day in and the engine is out of the car. Pulled the engine with headers and transmission all in once piece. So far ive done all this work by myself with no help :D

So today im going to drop the subframe back into the car and push my car out of my garage to give me some space. Then let the engine tear down begin :evil:

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seems legit. If you need an extra set of hands, let me know
Second set of hands is always welcome! Im down in San Diego, just shoot me a PM if youre actually down to help out!

To update the build, i have the engine on a stand now and i put the subframe back on the car and pushed it outside. Tons of room to break down the engine! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.