E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New to the forum, not new to BMW's.

I have a 320i Touring with the 2.2L motor.
I have the opportunity to grab the full intake off of a 325ci.
So I'm wondering if there are any sizes differences in the 2 manifolds and/or throttle bodies?
If there are, i'm definitely not expecting some crazy power gain. But the little 2.2 is a bit gutless, so anything would help really.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,509 Posts
Even if the manifold can be swapped it won’t give you any appreciable increase in power. Why? Air flow through the engine is limited by many components such as the intake manifold, the valve train and the exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Hey guys. New to the forum, not new to BMW's.

I have a 320i Touring with the 2.2L motor.
I have the opportunity to grab the full intake off of a 325ci.
So I'm wondering if there are any sizes differences in the 2 manifolds and/or throttle bodies?
If there are, i'm definitely not expecting some crazy power gain. But the little 2.2 is a bit gutless, so anything would help really.

Thanks in advance.
I can tell you from personal experience that anything other than F/I is utterly pointless to be done on the B22, for anything remotely related with the words "power gain"

·
Registered
2000 E46 323i, 3.0L and 2.0L Z3's
989 Posts
Just had a look at the part numbers and vehicle compatibility on RealOEM. Both the 320 and 325 use the same inlet manifold, so you'll do a lot of work for nil gain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts