BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 50 silicone replacement O-Rings for the M54 DISA valve, and I am selling them at the bargain price of just $2.00 each!
These are the same O-Rings that G.A.S. (German Auto Solutions) is selling for $5.65 each. They are equal to the first one listed in the link below:
http://germanautosolutions.com/bmw_...m54_disa_o_rings/product_m54_disa_o_rings.php

Mine are available for just $2.00 each, if you send me a self addressed, stamped envelope, or $2.50 if you really want to use PayPal.

If you would prefer the heavier duty FLUROSILICONE version, which is the third item shown on the German Auto Solutions site for $11.95 each(!), I have them available for just $6.00 each here:
http://forum.E46Fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=977861

There has been plenty of discussion about DISA failures on the forum, as well as a lot of advice to pull a high milage DISA for inspection. Once it has been pulled, it is recommended that you install an O-Ring to ensure the DISA seals properly, since the original seal is prone to leak after removal.
It is also well known that a bad DISA seal can lead to vacuum leaks that cause all manner of problems and "Service Engine Soon" lights. If you are replacing vacuum lines for maintenance, or just trying to diagnose a mystery vacuum leak, then replacing this O-Ring is recommended.

To prevent this from becoming a thread about diagnosing vacuum leaks, and their associated codes, I would highly recommend that you view forum member jfoj's thread below, for the most comprehensive list of various items that you should check and/or replace, including the DISA O-Ring, to cure vacuum related issues and codes:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=897616&highlight=

Please note that these are for the M54B25 and M54B30 DISA valves only. This means it is only applies to the 325 and 330 models.

If you are looking for DISA O-Rings for a 323 or 328, please post something below. If there is enough interest, I can purchase a batch of them to sell as well.

PM me for details on how to purchase, either via the direct mailing method, or via PayPal payment.
I will not respond to requests to send you a PM in the comments below. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Scsheong - I got your visitor message, and sent you a PM (Private Message) with the details on how to send a PayPal payment. Since you are new, I will tell you that we use the PM system to contact other members, rather than posting a visitor message on a members profile. It is not a big deal, but most people don't notice visitor messages. We generally use the PM System around here! :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was out of town, and it ended up being several weeks longer than expected. So, if you ordered from me, and have not received your O-Ring, then you should have it in the next few days. Sorry for the slight delay, but it was unavoidable. I had taken a few with me, so I could keep up with orders, but I did not take enough!
If you do not receive your order by next Monday at the latest, please PM me.

·
Premium Member
28,970 Posts
:bump: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts