BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I’m a newby! First post!

I’ve got a 2002 330 ci sport e46 (m54) that I use as a track car only.

I want to decat the exhaust and manifold but cannot find anywhere on line that sells a decat manifold. Have been quoted circa £1000 for a custom manifold but that’s WELL over my budget!

I can find loads of s54 decat manifolds for around 200 quid. Does anyone know if these will fit to the head of an m54? I’m guessing I would have to get an s54 exhaust as well but if it fits then it looks like the cheapest option.

James

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
RHD or LHD? Many catless headers on ebay for the M54 and M52TU. May have trouble if it is RHD.

Sent from my tractor.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
That will reduce your options drastically. I beleive Schmiedmann makes a set of manifolds for a RHD M54. Haven't seen any others.

Sent from my tractor.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'm wondering if M52 headers would fit to the block and then I could fit m52 decat full system ?
I have M52 catless on mine. They were also on pre 2000 M54s and E36s.
Pn 11621706538 is for the front manifold. This page in Realoem tells you what models and years use different it: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part?id=AV52-EUR-09-1999-E46-BMW-330i&mg=11&sg=50&diagId=11_2212&q=11621706538

Update
Check the remainder of the pre 2000 M54B30 exhaust parts on realoem and see if the part numbers match say the E39.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Mine was on car when I got it, but it looks like I had the front silencer pipes changed to fit the triangular manifold outlets, coupled to the full dual centre and rear mufflers. Pics

Pic of exhaust on ground:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I've finally found time to start this project! I have removed the manifolds and the bolt holes do appear to match the m52 manifolds so I'm going to get a second hand pair of eBay and then do the same as yours Garry - thanks for the advice.

Any idea how I deal with the lambada sensors? My M54 manifolds have 2 on each bank but the m52 have only one on each. Can I just leave 2 off or do I need to disconnect them elsewhere?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts