E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I encountered a problem with my e46. There is annoying screeching noise coming near DISA. I took out and checked DISA few months ago, it seemed alright. I don't wanna speculate here so I will leave a video with that noise and perhaps somebody had exact same issue and knows the solution.

Also, there is an error I am getting from INPA. I'm not sure if these two connected, but would love to solve it too. Rough idle until engine gets warm. ICV is fine, MAF sensor is fine, no air leaks.

screeching noise -

INPA error -

·
Administrator
17,201 Posts
The trouble code seems to be for the SAP system.
95DME: Activation, secondary-air valve (EUIII code: P0412)bms46ds1Motor Electronics
Using Google Translate, Ansteuerung Ventil Sekundaerluft becomes Secondary air valve control.

Use a mechanic’s stethoscope to isolate the noise source.

·
Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
8,350 Posts
Sure sounds like air sucking or escaping.
Q: Pulling the dipstick out while running does what? If it goes away, likely a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure sounds like air sucking or escaping.
Q: Pulling the dipstick out while running does what? If it goes away, likely a vacuum leak.
The problem is that the screeching sound occurs sometimes, so if it was an air leak, shouldn't it occur everytime? For example, I wanted to do your test and there was no screeching noise so yeah, I couldn't figure it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The trouble code seems to be for the SAP system.
95DME: Activation, secondary-air valve (EUIII code: P0412)bms46ds1Motor Electronics
Using Google Translate, Ansteuerung Ventil Sekundaerluft becomes Secondary air valve control.

Use a mechanic’s stethoscope to isolate the noise source.
I found out that my secondary valve is dirty and whole hose coming from air pump too. Should I clean it or get a new valve? And what makes valve dirty?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks like sucking air somewhere.
Inpa error says

149 Air Flow Sensor or Pedal Value Sensor Mismatch

but this is normal if there is vac leak...

simillar situation to me:
It was sucking jet pump in my case along with the fuel tank breather valve.

as i see on the video some tubes are rapaired with a tape...will be ok to replace them.

Also, do a “smoke test”...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like sucking air somewhere.
Inpa error says

149 Air Flow Sensor or Pedal Value Sensor Mismatch

but this is normal if there is vac leak...

simillar situation to me:
It was sucking jet pump in my case along with the fuel tank breather valve.

as i see on the video some tubes are rapaired with a tape...will be ok to replace them.

Also, do a “smoke test”...
Yup, ure correct my dude. Will do, thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.