BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 659 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting here since I assume there are members that view both forums. Anyone else unable to get to m3forum.net? Tried on multiple devices, WiFi and cellular, but says website can***8217;t be found.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yep, down and for a quite a while now. Forum is full of excellent knowledge around the e46 m3 but it is horribly dated, under powered, and down from early AM till about 9:00 AM EST for "backups", what? It is obvious the site owner couldn't give a rat's ass.

Edit: Can't ping and nslookup fails as well. Domain non-existent.

·
Registered
545 Posts
They are having DNS issues. For a while you could still get to it if you used Google for your DNS server. I think the problem has now propagated everywhere.

The server is still up though. You can add the ip address to your hosts file in order to get to it - 72.29.67.134.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are having DNS issues. For a while you could still get to it if you used Google for your DNS server. I think the problem has now propagated everywhere.

The server is still up though. You can add the ip address to your hosts file in order to get to it - 72.29.67.134.

Cool, thanks. I have a transaction in progress so want to be able to stay in touch with the buyer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
File is located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Add this entry at the end of the file:

72.29.67.134 www.m3forum.net

·
Registered
545 Posts
You can't use the ip address on its own. You have to use the hostname so the web server knows which site to serve up. That's why the hosts file has to be updated to try to make it work. I had it working much earlier today but I can't do the same trick on my phone.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You can't use the ip address on its own. You have to use the hostname so the web server knows which site to serve up. That's why the hosts file has to be updated to try to make it work. I had it working much earlier today but I can't do the same trick on my phone.

good to know, thanks.

I have feeling there is 0 activity since the issue occurred. Someone should buy that site from the owner and maintain it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I need mah m3f.n godammit

·
Registered
148 Posts

Could be because your phone is going through a proxy that does it's own lookup. That's the error I'm getting from work with my hosts file updated, so will try again from home. It would be a damn shame if everything in that great forum was lost.

1 - 20 of 659 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.