BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Yeah, I know which door panel you're talking about. I saw your set before you purchased it. You have done impressive work to get these to where they are now. The work you put into your ///M is inspiring, that's for sure! Awesome is all I can say about your work Adam! :thumbsup:
Come to the BMW event I am planning in 2016 and you can see it first hand =)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Recent updates.

Beginning of September I arranged for those who wanted to get into the capitol air show and showcase their car. After the show ended we could go and get images with the planes. While at the show I noticed I had smoke coming from around the secondary air pump. As I just got the car back this was a HELL NO! More in a minute after images.

Took the car back to the shop and found out the smoke was caused by a missing gasket on the head that was dripping oil. Fixed the seal and at the same time my SMG position sensor and DSC sensors both went out. UG, when it rains it poors. Got those both fixed and then a bank 1 o2 went out. Serious, got to love modding.

After all that the latest issues now are airbag light which i have to trace down to see which one is mad, and the rear o2 went out. Even with the 02 issue and airbag lights the car was ready to go on the Mammoth / Yosemite trip I had planned for the month.

This weekend was about 600 miles of fun roads and sigh seeing. The drive sections were a lot of the road I lead people on for Lake Tahoe. All I can say is WOW this car is amazing. Now keep in mind I have yet to put a tune on the car and all I have is stock CSL everything.

Turn after turn all I could do was smile as the car just flew across the road. I have always loved this car but after this trip I could not stop thinking about when I could do a drive again. For fun one of the friend on the trip had is fully option and lighted (less super charger) Dinan E39 M5 do a little head to head race. We did a 4th gear pull and we were dead even till he had to shift. After that I was still going and then kept going. Now if I had a tune I might have been able to pull a little.

Now the next steps are to clear all the little faults and do all the finishing touches. This trip also made me fall out of love in doing the GTR project. I already post about this in the thread.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Amazing a update after so long being MIA. I know I have been a bad M owner. Car sat for about 3 months as I am starting a new adventure in life with leading offroad groups on top of being a new dad. Needless to say the M3 got little love so I fully expect 10 lashings for it.

So what is new? Well all those little finishing touches that always linger and don't take a long time to do.

1. Removed the standard roof rail. Was a pain as the shop glued the old rail in but got it out.

2. CSL Roof rail in

Vanity items so flame away
3. Side emblems on

4. Door sills

5. After going around with the side airbag connections going on and off I finally said F-it and went fully committed to the to the removal. Cut off the OE connectors and soldiered the jumpers in. No more light thanks to Terra resting it yet again.

New adventure
For those who are not off roading you will be like big deal but for those of you who offroad I have fully built the Raptor with a 3.5 shock setup all the way around along with other goodies.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Your car is delicious. An absolute beauty. Knowing that, it is not crazy to wax a car just for a quick road trip. It deserves it!

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Great thread op. You've done a wonderful job with the car and it's done so tastefully which in this day in age most M3s and E46s in general are just being overdone and look ridiculous not to mention most don't do their maintenance as they should. It's refreshing to see a classy car so keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Recently myself and another M3 had a article done for BMW Performance Magazine out of the UK. It was a joint article as we both went the way of OE CSL. The article was in the April edition of this year. Below is the article scanned in.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
This last weekend I lead a drive to Bimmerfest in SoCal. Drive down the car was running flawless until I tripped a airbag light again UG. Found out later passenger side was the cause so need to fix that now GRRR.

I also recently installed a Frank Smith Tune. OMG does it wake up all the CSL parts. Car power delivery feels effortless and the car has more than enough power to reach.. well let's say I went pass the "limiter". Thanks to Ejaz an 0-60 Motorsports for the tune.

This leads me to some disappointment. Not in the car but in what I thought Bimmerfest was about. At the urging of my friends I entered into the battle of the bimmeres modified M division. Let's say I am never doing a judging event again. The judge had no clue what a CSL was and only judge the car on what he could see. This is where the disappointment comes in. Judging at a "enthusiasts" event you would think they know the cars and ask questions. Nope FLASH and non BMW bolt ones with big stereos win all the top places. Rather sad to see that stance and crap mods is what from my observation is the state of a lot of BMWs. Now I know that we on this forums are a small percentage of the BMW modding group, and going the CSL route is even a smaller set of that. But was kind of sad to see the car walked passed without a second glance for a E36 325 with a wide body, airbags, and wrapped in some sort of razzle dazzle geometric pattern. Oh well I enjoy the car and that is why I built it.

Here is some images of the drive down and back

·
Registered
87 Posts
Such a glorious thread, so detailed and informative. Truly inspiring. Thank you immensely for taking the time to document and share your incredible journey. Don't stop doing what you do... and please continue to keep us posted. I tip my hat in humble reverence to the amount of time, attention, detail, and funding you've put towards this. Well done, sir.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I feel where you're coming from when you see cars these days with widebody, coilovers, obnoxious paint or wrapping, and other junk. I hate that whole scene myself. Don't be disappointed that the judges didn't know any better. Anyone who sees your ride and is an enthusiast will be mindf$*%ed when he sees a CSL in the US and the fact that it's not just another M3 with a CSL trunk, bumper, and wheels. Let alone if they hear your story of how this car came to be

201 - 220 of 242 Posts