BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting the SSR Gt3s on my soon to come m3. I want to get 19 x 8.5 in the front and 19 x 10 in the rear. I was wondering if anyone has this setup and what they had to do in order to prevent rubbing. Do i need to ge a camber adjustment kit in the rear. Any help is appreciated.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
jetblackbimmer said:
I am thinking about getting the SSR Gt3s on my soon to come m3. I want to get 19 x 8.5 in the front and 19 x 10 in the rear. I was wondering if anyone has this setup and what they had to do in order to prevent rubbing. Do i need to ge a camber adjustment kit in the rear. Any help is appreciated.
nothing..just make sure u get the right tire size...275/30 in the back and 245/35 in the fronts. Some people have gone up to 285 on rear tire size...I don't know how that is possible.

Get some other wheels =) Everyone and their moms have them..I got them and was even once considering on selling them...but too much of a hassle to lose money on them and ship them, etc. Get these...and be different!

ADVAN SIENA GENERATION II

SSR GP0 Decolte Evolution

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I believe advan does not do custom fitments....I was trying to order an undrilled set..even that is kinda hard....
same for SSR decolte I dont think they have PCD for BMWs...

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
vincentw said:
I believe advan does not do custom fitments....I was trying to order an undrilled set..even that is kinda hard....
same for SSR decolte I dont think they have PCD for BMWs...
My friend down south at www.thewheelsupply.com can do the custom drilling to make it fit.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Trust me..they'll get it to fit. You don't have to get an undrilled one. I was gonna order the SIENNAs and have them drill it to fit. It's possible.

·
Oaf
941 Posts
Re: Re: M3 with SSR GT3

advan24r said:
Get some other wheels =) Everyone and their moms have them..
Honestly...I've always wanted them and this may be the only thing that's making me consider other wheels. But they're so pretty :)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
vince, i think what quincy means is that they can take the 5:114.3 wheel and drill it for 5:120 on the same hole....it is possible

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
ah...ok..gotcha...
pete, u think it might ruin the structural integrity of the wheel? aside from making it lighter of course :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
DONT GET THEM

Dont get the GT3s...i also was going to buy them for MY M3..and didnt....why:

1. The center is forged not the LIP, LIP is weak. Also, the distributor tells me he stopped selling them due to their weak lip.

2. NO replacement LIPS Avail, you damage the wheel, and you will have to fix the lip somewhere else....but you could do that with a one peice wheel...

Other 3 peice you can replace the lip, SSRs..you cant...or does anyone knwo where you can get a NEW LIP.

3. Not worth it...looks to skinny on the center for such a masculine car, but nice fat lip though...see the ugly brake discs...ewwwww, right after when the brake disc gets wet....take a look ....

4. Spend a little more and get HREs...or just get what im getting HM2s...once piece non forged is just as good as a Forged Center 3 peice wheel, due to impact distribution.....but if you got fine roads..ignore what i just said..

Hamanns..and AC Schnitzers have excellent molding capabilities..that even their light alloys do not have PORES in the Alloy construction....so cracks..dont worry about em.

Anyway you keeping the car forever...NOTTTT.

but..it is a good wheel...for the price of a 3 peice

www.m3supercar.com

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong...every 2/3 piece "forged" wheels only have forged centers...the lips/rim are still spun...
the lip/rim is cheap to replace (if they make a replacement)...the centers are expensive...
ugly brake disc...well the man might be getting brembo 14s lol...:)
but yeah...some people dont like to see small brake disc...there are people that are ok with it...
besides on I think GT3s look more than average....maybe not as blingy as HREs but it's a pretty good design :)
and yeah I agree hamanns made by OZs, ACS made by ronal...they are very well made....
but dont disregard other japanese wheels...even all the forged BBS wheels are made in Japan :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts