BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys what you think about this 03 M3 its got salvage title but its a stolen recovery thing, no accidents. Its got 52xxxk miles for 22k. the car is in san diego and im 2 hours away, what should i do, i asked the guys to email me some more photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
M3: what you think.

hey guys what you think about this 03 M3 its got salvage title but its a stolen recovery thing, no accidents. Its got 52xxxk miles for 22k. the car is in san diego and im 2 hours away, what should i do, i asked the guys to email me some more photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Looks nice. Only problem with Salvage is its harder to sell. Also if there is something that a dealer might fix out of warranty you may be out of luck.

But for 22K I would.
Considering that's so cheap North of the boarder.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im pretty much a DIY guys with ma dad so, i dno. im thinking maybe taking it to the dealer there and having it inspected, how much do they charge, and normally will the car dealer take responsibility if BMW says something is wrong.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive been very familiar with some of the problems with the e46 on my 325, so you think i can ispect it and be sorta of acurate if all goes bad n i dont take it to the dealer, and what should i look out for on the m3.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive been very familiar with some of the problems with the e46 on my 325, so you think i can ispect it and be sorta of acurate if all goes bad n i dont take it to the dealer, and what should i look out for on the m3.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I doubt they will take responsibility because it is a salvage. More or less a "buy as is"
But definitely get it checked out.
Btw wouldn't it have "theft recovery" under the title not "Salvage"?

·
Registered
618 Posts
You can get an actual BMW representative to come out and check the car out. I remember reading about it in my issue of Roundel. Try searching for it and I'll try to find it myself later today.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can get an actual BMW representative to come out and check the car out. I remember reading about it in my issue of Roundel. Try searching for it and I'll try to find it myself later today.
OHH really, oh tnx alot man, i wish they really could, ill find out and if you can help me to tnx bro.

·
Registered
736 Posts
1 question, why arn't you driving it yet? if were 2-4 hours away from me you would have lost out on that deal :D

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ill offer something lower yes. but i dont want it to be a waster and drive donw there, i guess i just have to do it. i need to pull out a loan or a equity line and pay im on the spot. check or something. they wont finance salvage title.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts