E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this will be one of my first posts outside of the FS section as I finally came across an e46 vert that was right for me. I'll be picking up my 04 Imola/black 6sp vert tomorrow and I had a couple of questions and would like to request some advice from the E46 community:

The car has about 70k on the odo however it had all of the OEM shocks replaced with Blistein dampers. It is currently riding on the OEM springs yet the current owner is also supplying me with a set of H&R's as well.

I did my searching to find that the Tein S techs are most probably the most aggressive drop and I am very comfortable with their product as I have a set on my s2000 as well. Unfortunately it seems that on the e46, the drop from Tein seems really tuck the back wheels into the fender while seemingly floating the front end? H&R seems to do the exact opposite - or at least what I've seen from pictures? I'm looking for a clean yet aggressive all around drop and I don't intend on purchasing a new set of coils considering the new dampers on the car.

Unfortunately I could not find an "official lowering springs thread" on e46fanatics. My question would be if anyone has any experience with a similar set up. I was hoping to get some feedback on the H&R versus Tein and possibly even mounted to Blistein dampers. Any pictures that are available would really help me as well. I look forward to hearing from everyone! :woot:

edit: Found a FEW H&R/blistein threads - I guess what I'm really looking for is that one member with Blistein/Tein combo

·
Registered
166 Posts
Regardless of which dampers you have, the spring will sit the same.

The info you're looking for should be readily available through H&R and Tein.

One company that I would consider checking is the Ground Control division of Eibach. Height adjustable sleeves with any spring rate you could imagine (all guaranteed for life by the way). Prices are between a spring set and coilover set ( aroubd the 750$-850$/ set).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.