BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting and M3 soon and from what I've heard the Harmon Kardon system doesn't really do it when it comes to bass especially in like rap and hip hop. I either wanna do the HK system and add an amp and two 10's or 12's OR get the stock (non-upraged) system with the car, rip that out, and put in a custom setup. I'm sure the custom set up will sound better, but how will the HK sound with an amp and two subs? Is it worth doing? Basically what I am asking is do i want the HK w/ amp + sub OR totally custom system? If i were to do amp n subs, what exactly would i want. also, if i were to go with a total custom job, what would be a good COMPLETE list of what I need for a GOOD system?

sorry for all the q's, i just really dont know anyhting about systems.
peace
-Nick

·
Registered
151 Posts
i feel hk is not gonna sound good any way u do it, i advise that u get non hk, replace all speakers head unit add a couple subs and your set....as for which brands, it is totally up to you....i chose eclipse indash dvd screen, focal utopia components all around, 2 jl 12w6v2 subs and jl amps... i am not satisfied with my jl amps and will be upgrading to mcintosh amps soon. so its all in what kind of sound quality youre looking for and how much your willing to dump in your car

1 - 2 of 2 Posts