E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead: Just found out that my 2K 328 doesn't carry the 12pin hook-up for my new ///M3 style mirrors and my BMW tech guy says it would take another day to harness up the wiring. Does anyone know where you can find the current ///M3 style mirrors with a 6 pin hook-up? I haven't found anything on Ebay - I beginning to doubt that they exist.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,628 Posts
Take your 12 pin mirrors back to the dealership
Say that you want to exchange them for the 6 pin versions
Then hand them these pn numbers

Mirror Housings:

51 16 7 901 765
51 16 7 901 766

Mirror Glass:

51 16 7 893 553
51 16 7 893 558

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CtrlAltDel said:
Take your 12 pin mirrors back to the dealership
Say that you want to exchange them for the 6 pin versions
Then hand them these pn numbers

Mirror Housings:

51 16 7 901 765
51 16 7 901 766

Mirror Glass:

51 16 7 893 553
51 16 7 893 558
Don't I need the acuuator and cover for the mirrors as well? I had checked with Bavarian Auto and they gave me the same part numbers (except for the glass). The total for those parts was around $450+.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MStrickland2 said:
I have a 2000 323i. If I wanted to get the OEM M3 mirrors, I would have to ask for 6 pin, not 12??? Just wondering! :)

Most likely. The best way to check is to pull your mirror component off and check the inputs. It seems like most of the 2Ks are 6 pin.

·
Alpine White
696 Posts
I have a '99 328i and mine is 6-pin. I got the mirrors complete for $400 from Pacific BMW. One way that you can tell whether your car is 6-pin or 12-pin ist that 6-pin doesn't have auto tilt mirrors. So if you pop it into reverse, and the passenger side mirror doesn't tilt down, provided that you didn't turn off the feature, you got 6-pin. I wouldn't buy any mirrors off e-bay. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dr Jekyll said:
I have a '99 328i and mine is 6-pin. I got the mirrors complete for $400 from Pacific BMW. One way that you can tell whether your car is 6-pin or 12-pin ist that 6-pin doesn't have auto tilt mirrors. So if you pop it into reverse, and the passenger side mirror doesn't tilt down, provided that you didn't turn off the feature, you got 6-pin. I wouldn't buy any mirrors off e-bay. :thumbdwn:
Did you have to buy all the stuff I listed above (covers/glass/housing/acuators) or was it a all in one unit for each mirror. I'd be interested in purchasing those mirrors otherwise I'll have to have my local BMW tech retrofit my current mirrors.

·
Alpine White
696 Posts
buckeyebimmer said:
Did you have to buy all the stuff I listed above (covers/glass/housing/acuators) or was it a all in one unit for each mirror. I'd be interested in purchasing those mirrors otherwise I'll have to have my local BMW tech retrofit my current mirrors.
You just buy the housings and the glass, make some new holes on your car so that it matches up with your mirrors, and mount it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
buckeyebimmer said:
Don't I need the acuuator and cover for the mirrors as well? I had checked with Bavarian Auto and they gave me the same part numbers (except for the glass). The total for those parts was around $450+.

:pimpin: Just checked with my BME parts department - $202 for each housing unit and $85 for each mirror. Almost $600! It might ne cheaper to buy the 12 pin hook up and motor and install my 12 pin mirrors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.