BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an M3 today and checked out the steering wheel, after reading a recent post here. Very nice! But it has blue and orange stitching which wouldn't go with my interior, so the question is, can you order this wheel with different color stitching?

·
yuppie racing
1,899 Posts
to answer your question YES, they also offer it with black stitching. The stitching you saw is actually the M colors (from the symbol)

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,945 Posts
Yep, I just bought one off a member of this forum with black stitching. Still waiting for it to get here...

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have the black stitching and love the wheel. One of my first mods a couple years ago. I have black leather and ditched the wood in favor if matte aluminum. If I had to do over, I would have gotten the colored stitching - more interesting.

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,435 Posts
I really need to get on the M3 steering wheel program. Actually, does anyone have a PN for the new Performance Package or CSL steering wheel? I like the added grip of the alcantara....

·
1,435 Posts
so, when you buy the M3 wheel, it doesn't come with an airbag, is this correct?

If so, do you install with no airbag or do you somehow transplant the bag from your stock wheel?

·
Dale Earnhardt's Double
532 Posts
MC, you are correct.

The wheel does not include the airbag. You need to use the round airbag from your existing steering wheel (assuming you have a model with the round airbag).

·
needs a new sig...
4,647 Posts
mc said:
so, when you buy the M3 wheel, it doesn't come with an airbag, is this correct?

If so, do you install with no airbag or do you somehow transplant the bag from your stock wheel?
If you have the round airbag form the sport split fork wheel it is the same airbag..it swaps quite readily..i did my install with black stitching 2 weekends ago...awsome mod!

·
moderation in all things
898 Posts
Re: Here it is with black stitching...

pfloyd57 said:
:thumbup:
dude, you have the cassette player!!!!!!

:wtf:

:D

·
1,435 Posts
Re: Re: Here it is with black stitching...

jason330i said:

dude, you have the cassette player!!!!!!

:wtf:

:D
hahaahaha.....ROFLMAO:lmao:

btw - thanks for the info guys....:thumbup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I put mine on 3 weeks ago.
I have the multi colored stitch since i have TiSi and Black leather
This is a great mod--- makes driving it even better

Mike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts