E46 Fanatics Forum banner

M3 springs on 325i?

24K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Blocked Out 
#1 ·
Sorry to make a thread about this, I'm sure it's been asked before, but after searching for 20 mins and scrolling through the m parts on non ms sticky thread for what seems like an hour I gave up on searching.

I have oem m3 springs, I need new springs on my 325i (sedan), will they fit???

Especially the rears.

#2 ·
Springs are a mystery. You can call the dealer and give them the last 7 of your VIN. They are color-coded differently and have a different number of stripes as well. They may lookthe same but do not perform the same. OEM springs are determined by more than having sport suspension.

Here are things which can affect which springs you get:

AUTO vs. MAN
HK Stereo
Sun/moonroof
Full Spare
2WD or 4WD
Different packages (cold weather, etc.)

Another thing to keep in mind is that the spring and shock/strut combo needs to be in harmony. They have to match compression and rebound rates. Some springs will wear out your shocks prematurely if they arent correct.

#4 ·
I don't want to call the dealer because they're gonna tell me that the m3 springs won't work regardless if they will or not, although they will be able to tell me which springs were originally on my car.

BTW my car is manual, with HK, sport, premium, and cold weather packages. It's an I not an XI so no awd. Full spare with sunroof.

Again, original rear springs cracked, can I use the extra set of m3 springs I have.

#3 ·
I want to use my stock shocks, I'm not looking to lower, or upgrade the suspension at all, I just happen to have some extra m3 springs and would like to use them instead of buying new sedan springs.

#10 ·
i have sport spring out of my car 325ci, $200 sound good?

#15 · (Edited)
NO! it will not work...... i tried before! DONT DO IT...

its going to kill all your shocks.... the sedan is little heavier then the m3...

i went this route for my spring and regret it , even tough i used it for 2 weeks only.

dont do it men.. dont be cheap... put correct spring rate w correct shocks...

WRONG SPRING WILL WEAR OUT ALL YOUR BUSHINGS.

just my 2 cents experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.