BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Small cooling update, before these are hidden and I'm unable to take decent pictures. This is a Technica Coolant Pipe. It comes pre-drilled and threaded in M12x1.5. I used a coolant temperature sensor adapter, extended length made by ICT Billet. (this is a common part used in many lsx swaps) What this part does, is remove the large "spal type" thermo switch from the Technica housing. The housing is small the sensor is large, I didn't want any flow issues. Is this overkill and OCD? perhaps :loco: I can tell you what is OCD and I have zero control over myself on this.. the sensor will not thread 100% into the extended length adaptor. :loco: I contacted ICT Billet and I'm going to continue my quest on monday, to get that sensor flush.. FML :craig: UPDATE: the sensor will be installed as shown, I went back and forth with ICT Billet over my issues and ultimately decided to live with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Finished wiring the thermoswitch for my electric fan install. Put the motor back in, Installed the Oil Filter Housing and Alternator. Some Vac pulleys to finish it off, Vac Crank pulley will also be installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Not much to report, I finished wiring the pedal (r10) to connector x6004. I deleted the rear o2's out of the harness, I decided to leave the oem egt for some future stuff.:) I also cleaned up the transmission harness, on the m3 transmission harness it has a smg gear selector connection (this was removed) and the regular reverse light connection was kept and redone. This is the page I used for the wiring information,(X6004,R10) these swaps are simple and require very little "rewiring". https://www.kasselperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/E46S54Wiring.png

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
This post completes some unfinished projects. Fan Relay location, wiring from the engine/body. Flywheel and pressure plate, poly shifter bushings. Replaced the trans fluid, finished putting all the new parts on the transmission. Transmission going in next! :woot:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Nice, have you done any front light changes? I was wondering if you can retrofit coupe/M3 style front lights and side markers to a standard pre face sedan or do you have to alter fenders.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
I've been working on a charcoal evap system removal/delete. I posted pictures of an m3 canister and 3 series. On a M3 you will only have 1 line coming from the engine bay. Reg 3 series will have 2. On the M3, it is routed from the evap purge valve to the charcoal canister. I capped the evap purge valve. I removed the lines/connections. I also removed the charcoal canister, the canister itself has a vent. That is deleted, the fuel tank also has a vent. That is being retrofitted, with a 5/8 x 3/8 ID hose barb reducer. You then attach 3/8 fuel hose to the barb, make a few loops and place a fuel filter on the end of your new vent hose. :thumbsup: edit, you will have to drop the gas tank to do this mod, correctly and completely.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Working on thinning the wiring harness, also some rear subframe damage that I’m prepping for repair. Enjoy :evil:

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
So all these trophies, are pathetic and a sign of the times. I don't want any trophies, they won't keep me coming back. Please remove this dividing feature.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
New exhaust configuration... ARH, cat delete... 3.5 BW race all the way back. V bands will be used, this second section of the arh will not be used. I will have my fabricator duplicate this part, to be used with BW 3.5 race. Euro headers/BW y pipe for sale! CHEAP!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts