BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
I think I know what's going to happen.....

But I'll keep :shhh:

Rob43

·
Registered
22 Posts
sedan on m3 turbo engine? good luck with your project 332
I struggle for two years already with what I think is a similary project
my old 330i sedan is ready to receive an m50b30 engine(bit strange, isn't it?), forged pistons and rods, etc etc... hope to finish it this spring.. expecting aprox 650hp...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sedan on m3 turbo engine? good luck with your project 332
I struggle for two years already with what I think is a similary project
my old 330i sedan is ready to receive an m50b30 engine(bit strange, isn't it?), forged pistons and rods, etc etc... hope to finish it this spring.. expecting aprox 650hp...
The struggle is real, I feel ya man!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Motor is removed from old chassis, it is now living on the stand. Old subframe and all associated suspension components are installed on the new chassis. Minus the sway bar, for obvious reasons. :pimpin:

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Some of the gaskets being replaced. front/rear crank seal, oil pan, timing cover, vanos, new throttle body clamps, oil filter housing, water pump, rear main case, dip stick o-ring, coolant pipe o-rings.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I've been working on my power steering delete. This is the "hat" that connects the steering rack with the shaft. I had to drill the holes out a bit bigger for the hardware to fit. Then I needed to remove some material from the "hat" so the top of the fastener could sit flush.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
This exhaust hub is cryo treated, the oil pump disc has been drilled to near perfect tolerances. (BIG THANKS to MisterM, a member on this forum that is local to me) Here is a link to his thread on vanos rebuilding and/or repair. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1099412 Vanos Installed, valve cover going on next!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts