BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I know all about that...
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running Koni Sport Shocks and H&R Race Springs? Also If I need them does anyone have the PN and pricing for them and would I need the z3 reinforced plates as well?

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,857 Posts
You don't need them but it is a good idea. Search for the PNs and get the Z3 plates.

Tim

·
Slow in, slower out
4,755 Posts
If your car is completely stock and you never got to autocrosses or driving schools, you probably need RSMs every 4 years or 60k miles.
If you have aftermarket suspension but don't go to driving events, you need new RSMs every 2 years or 30k miles.
If you attend driving events with stock suspension, you need RSMs every year or 15k miles.
If you have aftermarket suspension and go to driving events, you need RSMs every oil change.

A buddy used to put E36 cabrio RSMs in his track prepped E30 325is and had to change them every 4 track days. If he went much larger than that, he would push the rubber right out of the mount which resulted in lots of banging as the shock would try to punch its way out of the shock tower.

Ed

·
I know all about that...
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am running aftermarket suspesion(Konis w/H&R race) and I have over 60k miles, so I guess I need them anyway. Alright I will be calling Pacific tomorrow then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts