BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of the //M3 Exaust. :thumbup:

Is it possible to put a //M3 quad exaust on a 330i?
What would it take to do this?
Has any one done it :dunno:
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
6,188 Posts
samir spent a grip load on his car to make it look that bad ass... be prepare :eeps:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
samirs looks great :thumbup:

What do I have to do to make it fit?
Is it a direct replacement or do I have to alter the floorpan? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,283 Posts
Samir's car looks insane!!!

Very beautiful car!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
 

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
Joined
·
4,301 Posts
When are we ever gonna get a full photoshoot of that car
 

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
Joined
·
9,759 Posts
This has been covered a couple (many) times. Do a quick search and you can get your options.

Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
690 Posts
Hi Ho Silber said:
I like the look of the //M3 Exaust. :thumbup:

Is it possible to put a //M3 quad exaust on a 330i?
What would it take to do this?
Has any one done it :dunno:
Not very hard - you will have to cut out part of the wheel well, of course trim the bumper and fit the exhaust. Should not be costly. Some people relocated the carbon canister which is not necessary. You will spend probably about 2-3 hours of labor on it times whatever the going labor rate is. You can get the muffler used for about $150. You will end up spending less than $500 total. I looked into having it done, but decided to get rid of my car. You will not find too much help on this topic as people will hate on you if you want to make your car look like an M3. Personally, I think it's your car and you paid for it and you are free to do as you like :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: //M3 quad exaust on 330i??

BeamerDaddy2001 said:


Not very hard - you will have to cut out part of the wheel well, of course trim the bumper and fit the exhaust. Should not be costly. Some people relocated the carbon canister which is not necessary............
....... You will not find too much help on this topic as people will hate on you if you want to make your car look like an M3. Personally, I think it's your car and you paid for it and you are free to do as you like :)
You said I had to cut out part of the wheel well? Do you mean where the spare tire goes or the wheel wells on the side of the car?:dunno:

I saw that post slamming the guy who wanted to make his coupe look like a //M. I bet his Mock //M will look great. If he does it right, you probably will admire his car the same way you worship the real //M. :thumbup:

It seems to me that EVERYONE on this site is changeing something. How many have added ACschnitzer fronts, or Dinan kits... or what ever. If you like it and can afford it, do it. ;)
I like the symmetry of Duel exaust on every car. The //M Quad exaust looks even better than duels.
I am not building an //M. My options are limited as to which duel exausts I can choose from. So I have to work with my available options. The //M exaust is on of my options. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
690 Posts
Re: Re: Re: //M3 quad exaust on 330i??

Sorry, I meant the spare tire wheel well. You will have to cut out about half of it. You can then shape an aluminum piece of sheet metal and cover that area from the inside. Also, you will have to buy three of the M3 muffler hangers and hang the M3 muffler. You will then need to cut out the bottom of the rear bumper to replect the new quad look and possibly have the bottom of the rear bumper repainted. Some rear bumpers have a speperate peice on the bottom where you can take it off and work with it and put it back on. You DO NOT have to take off the entire rear bumper. Check out the pic below!


Hi Ho Silber said:
You said I had to cut out part of the wheel well? Do you mean where the spare tire goes or the wheel wells on the side of the car?:dunno: .............
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
690 Posts
This is how Samir did his - the long way. He relocated the carbon cannister and took off everything.

BTW: You don't need the spare tire. You can get the "M Mobility Kit" which is what the M3, M5 and M carries in case of a flat. It's really an air compressor and a fix-a-flat.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BeamerDaddy2001
Thanks for the info. It is very enlightening. :thumbup:
It seems like a lot of work. :thumbdwn:
Do you know of any other duel exaust that fits more easily?
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
6,188 Posts
Hi Ho Silber said:
BeamerDaddy2001
Thanks for the info. It is very enlightening. :thumbup:
It seems like a lot of work. :thumbdwn:
Do you know of any other duel exaust that fits more easily?
yeah tons...

hamann, eisenman, or custom exhuast

none of these will be true quad... but technically.. m3's exhaust isn't true quad either.. so just there for the looks anyway..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
You could always go the custom route. Although I have an E36 (which might even make it more difficult), I used all Magnaflow product.

Found a great exhaust guy who routed the exhasut from cat back. It's true dual, then quads out at the tips. Much more functional than the Eisenmann in my opinion.

Besides, it's always nice when you have a one of a kind.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,007 Posts
E36M3 said:
You could always go the custom route. Although I have an E36 (which might even make it more difficult), I used all Magnaflow product. Found a great exhaust guy who routed the exhasut from cat back. It's true dual, then quads out at the tips. Much more functional than the Eisenmann in my opinion. Besides, it's always nice when you have a one of a kind.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I think whoever is interested in quad-exhaust should go this route. Doing the M3 exhaust makes some haters call you a poser and it's not true dual exhaust anyway (two inlets going into one big muffler then four pipes out).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
690 Posts
Is there a car out there with a TRUE quad-exhaust (four in and four out)?? I don't think so.

Jspeed said:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I think whoever is interested in quad-exhaust should go this route. Doing the M3 exhaust makes some haters call you a poser and it's not true dual exhaust anyway (two inlets going into one big muffler then four pipes out).
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Top