BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm giving my Alpine white 03-330ci to my wife and plan to purchase another BM. I can't decide between the M3 and the M5:dunno: :dunno: I tested drove the M3 but it was kinda rough and the M5 is kinda too big for me. They both look:pimpin: and have supreme handling. Or maybe an SC430? They all cost pretty much in the same price range. Give me some advice.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've had a Porsche 944 Turbo S (lots of HP mods) and 3 BMW's. I recommend you get about a 4 year old 911 S4, put some money into the engine ($$$) to pick up the HP and it is in a whole new level of performance over the Beamers.... Or for even more economical fun, there are some great 930 Turbos, you can get those fairly cheap, put $15K into the engine and suspension and you will have a fire breathing dragon...

·
Poor M3 Owner
742 Posts
My dad drive an sc430 is a very good car. U wont be dissapointed.
If ur looking for a suv i would say ranger rover itz :pimpin: :pimpin:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
I'd say.......M5. Even though the things is done in a year I would rather have the M5. I love my bro's 5 series and I would rather have a M5 over an M3, the thing is so pimp :thumbup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
mr_ziggy711 said:
I'm giving my Alpine white 03-330ci to my wife and plan to purchase another BM. I can't decide between the M3 and the M5:dunno: :dunno: I tested drove the M3 but it was kinda rough and the M5 is kinda too big for me. They both look:pimpin: and have supreme handling. Or maybe an SC430? They all cost pretty much in the same price range. Give me some advice.
If you say the m5 is too big, the go with the m3.
Simple as that!!:D :thumbup:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
PfCxM3 said:
My dad drive an sc430 is a very good car. U wont be dissapointed.
If ur looking for a suv i would say ranger rover itz :pimpin: :pimpin:

Yah I don't like the SC we had one for alittle bit but I didn't liek the car, its cool but really only two seater, and its not fast enough, also its an auto

·
wah wah wah
2,725 Posts
depands on what u need??
do u have kids???
get the m5
looking for a fun car get the m3

the m5 is tons of fun and prob the best car BMW ever built:thumbup:

If u got the cash get the m5:thumbup:
or u can take those 74k and buy an m3 and mod that biotch:thumbup:

·
Poor M3 Owner
742 Posts
Yeah i know my dad really dont like it, the sc430 was support to be my mom's car and dad was support to drive the 745. but my mom like driving the 745 now my dad is stuck with the sc430. but my dad might be trading it in for a X5 or ranger rover or porsche carrera.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
test drove both and u can see my decision

The M5 i felt was really fun, but did not handle as tossable as the M3. Plus i feel the M5 looks extremely dated for this day and age. It has torque to die for... M3 is a tad faster and funner to drive IMHO

drive both...there is a clear difference in feeling you will get...do what suits your needs

·
Registered
507 Posts
John from jersey said:
test drove both and u can see my decision

The M5 i felt was really fun, but did not handle as tossable as the M3. Plus i feel the M5 looks extremely dated for this day and age. It has torque to die for... M3 is a tad faster and funner to drive IMHO

drive both...there is a clear difference in feeling you will get...do what suits your needs
J from J has the best advice and exactly what most people would say after driving both!

Comparing an SC430 to an M5? My sister drives an SC430 and I actually think it's a nice car, but forgeting opinions on the cars, they aren't even close in size, application, etc...either is a 4 year old 911? :dunno:

·
Registered
789 Posts
i would actually go for a topaz m5, idno why but theres this dude incupertino w/ it..godddddd it makes me drool.

ORRRRRRR u could get an M3 and mod it like craaazy

IMO id go with the m5. single or not its one hell of a ride!

·
Masterdebator
1,578 Posts
I would take a Sterling Gray M5 over anything!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts