E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Maybe you should go check it out for yourself if you're not too far from where he is. But if i were you, i'd stay away from this auction.

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
salvage means he crashed it, then rebuilt it. If it was "minor" damage, it wouldn't be a salvage title.....stay away.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Salvaged just means that there was an insurance payoff, that would suggest either water damage or a severe impact. I read the ebay at, be careful and don't get scammed. Try contacting penn DOT and see if you can find out which insurance company paid out and contact them about the extent of the damage. Remember if it has a salvage or rebuilt title you won't be able to sell it for jack..... and bmw parts are $$$$$

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,505 Posts
stay away!!!!!! now, if i only remember my ebay password ;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you can go and see the car, check it out you might save a lot of money...
My car has a rebuilt title, look why this car was declared a total lost.. $3700.00 after the car was like new and nothing to be ashamed of, Now if something happens the insurance will only pay you 75% of the actual value of the car, my case I can still have a total lost now and make a few $$ ..

·
Registered
836 Posts
dude just cause it's salvage doesnt mean its a ****ed up car, trust me my family has had expericence. Just go and check it out!!! I know some dude that both a salvaged 323ci for frecking 10g's spent about 4.5g's and it was enw as hell. This was in 2000 just when the 323ci came out. I mean come on the car would cot about 40g's after taxes (it has every option , except nav) He got it for 15 g's. THe CAR DROVE LIKE A FRECKING NEW AND MY CUZIN HAS A 325CI IT WAS EXACTLY SAME ****.!! If i were you i would go and check it out. O btw the car had 8k miles and since then hes driving about 25k miles and its still a perfect car no problems yet.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,677 Posts
man that ebay car is sexy
just email him for more info and just go from there

·
Registered
562 Posts
The ad says he has receipts from when the car was repaired, so I'd take a look at it. If it was simple stuff like a bumper, front fender, hood, it might not have been too bad. If it was worse, like requiring major work to straighten out the frame, etc., then you might want to stay away.

There are definately some very good deals on "salvaged" cars that didn't have too much damage, but an insurance company decided to total out for their customer. This could be a good find, so do your homework.

Good luck.

·
Registered
711 Posts
noflash said:
The OBC says it's -40.0 C!

uh-oh...
Ha ha ha... that's -104 degrees F!!!! Damn cold, wasn't there a thread about M3's starting in the cold? Apparently this one isn't affected by it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
ilovebmw said:
jluzbet you are pimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D
I got my car with 9600 mile on it, the hit that it had in the front cost me about 3700 , then radiator and condender hit me hard that was not expected, at the end when the car was finished it came out to about 17, ... I think is not a bad deal for a 35g car...
:banghead:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts