BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Law Enforcer
2,419 Posts
5w60, and use Castrol, or Mobil 1. It's recommended, and I doubt you'll find any other maker of such a high grade oil. Matter of fact, the 5w60 isn't even found at Pep boys, AutoZone, etc.. You have to go to the dealer or a high performance shop (maybe) to get it. It's between $8 and $10 bucks a bottle!

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Infamous///M3 said:
I am going too use royal purple. i.e 5w 40 or what ?
I put Royal Purple 5w30 in my car today. It figures that BMW decides 5w40 is now what they recommend, right after I buy a case of RP 5w30.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you 100000000% sure it 5w 60 they have it in royal purple, royal purple is proved its self at the track add 3-5 hp seen it live on a dyno here .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They cant say Sh** for some oil , there is no oil slicker then royal purple. BTW i also heard 10w 60 ? damit dont want too put in the wrong kind so you sure.

·
Law Enforcer
2,419 Posts
I just checked the bottle, 10w 60 is correct. But it is Castrol, and I'd recommend that one.

·
Registered
157 Posts
audikiller said:
We having this conversation again?? 10w60 people......Castrol is the only company that I know of that makes it. If any of you know of another company that makes 10w60 then please let me know :)
LOL :lmao:

yep... only 10w60 Castrol TWS. Only dealer sells it. Only oil that will not void your warranty... especially since you just got that 6 year 100k warranty on the engine...

:lmao:

·
Registered
740 Posts
10W60 Castrol TWS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts