E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I am new here and I am sorry if this thread already exists (I used Search and there were no good results).

I'm looking for my 325XI Sedan for M3 mirrors. They should be with auto folding.

Can you show me a shop with good quality and price? Shipping to Germany should be possible.

Thanks

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,762 Posts
what year 325? does your car currently have the folding option? usually i would just ask if you had the premium package but since you are in germany that changes things.

do you want oem M3 folding mirrors or the more common replicas of the M3 mirrors (that are actually M5 design)?

if you want real ones you need to find your year (and probably visually look at wiring/connectors) so you will know if you have ribbon wiring, maybe 12pin or 6pin. If 6 pin or 12 pin you can buy replicas from some of the sponsors. if it's later model ribbon then you will have to replace your current glass motors/wiring to the new ones you buy.

if you want genuine m3 mirrors you are better off finding used ones in germany with the autofold feature and modifying the bases for a sedan. if you buy new ones here, you'll still have to modify the bases. in both cases you still need to know what type of connectors you presently have in the 325xi.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
building date 11/2000
no folding option currently, I would upgrade it with the new mirrors

if possible I would take original M3 mirrors and change the adapter
the look could also be a little bit like M5, but quality must be good. thats why I asked primarily

I think I have 6pin connector, because no memory or autofolding is available

important is good quality of the mirrors, nearly perfect M3 look would be great also

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,762 Posts
Premium package means 12-pin right?
most often, but not always as some have modules in between. ...or ribbon if later model

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,762 Posts
building date 11/2000
no folding option currently, I would upgrade it with the new mirrors

if possible I would take original M3 mirrors and change the adapter
the look could also be a little bit like M5, but quality must be good. thats why I asked primarily

I think I have 6pin connector, because no memory or autofolding is available

important is good quality of the mirrors, nearly perfect M3 look would be great also
if i had to guess my money would be that yes, you have 6 pin. and yes there are sedan version M3/5 replicas out for 6 pin that have the autofold motor feature. BUT...you're going to have to wire your car up to do this with modules. there are one or two places i've seen that carry these now. I think it was Parkalas or whoever the member is in Cyprus that has the best info on how to do it.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,762 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
at first it would be important to know a good shop which ships seriously to Germany and delivers good quality.
The "problem" with autofolding I will solve for myself, there is a module available in Germany

1 - 9 of 9 Posts