BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I am wanting to upgrade my mirrors to M3 and have seen some from that States at a reasonable price. My question is that would the those mirrors fit a right hand drive car?
I need to be sure before i buy.
Does anyone have any experiences with this?

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
isnt the dipping controlled by a module in the car and not the mirrors?
Good point. I'm not sure if the connectors are the same on RHD and LHD.

I just know the rule of thumb is to buy used parts from the UK as they also have RHD cars. You must be able to find some cheap mirrors on eBay UK.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I beleive the difference is in the actual glass, its the magnification thats different on the drivers side I think, so if you get a set from the US then the magnification will end up on the passengers side instead of the drivers. I don't know I could be totally wrong, but I'm sure someone will eventually speak up as to why the L/H drive car mirrors are different to R/H drive cars.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
hmmmm i think the magnification is the same on both sides for coupes. I'm pretty sure both my mirrors are the same.

Hey Mathew, if you end up buying a set with extra modules included, would I be able borrow a passenger one?

I just wanna suss out if my module is what's causing my mirror dramas (left mirror only operates with right mirror simultaneously is perpendicular direction when switch is selected for right mirror, lost reverse dip).

·
Registered
310 Posts
just have a look on ebay uk you can get a "steal" of a bargain on there at the moment :thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Infini

no Probs

Has anyone bought aftermarket M3 mirrors?
If so how is the quality and functionality?

·
Registered
936 Posts
i made the mistake of buying LHD m3 mirrors, they work fine but the adjustment is setup for a LHD car, the tilt is different and the glass sticks out so much further to accomodate the driving angle difference.

Buy from the UK or Japan (I buy all my stuff through importmonster, they deal with yahoo japan and are easy to work with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts