BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Law Enforcer
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK all, here's the deal. My PY M3 is less than 10 days from delivery at the dealer. It's slated to hit the port between today and 12/14. The time is drawing near. I have a question for you all, here is my financing terms:

.0032 money factor
9k down
$898.00 a month
5 years

....with BMW financial Services. I do plan on refinancing in a year because I will have a co-signer for the car. Does this seem pretty fair? I got the car at $1000.00 over invoice, so approx. $54-55k, and this is also factoring in that I'm trading in my 02' 330ci w/ 22,600 miles on it (after only 1 year :D ). Give me some feedback guys.

Days until I'm an M3 owner! Brings nothing but smiles! :pimpin:

Attachments

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
I'm not sure what the money factor you listed means.

But either way, remember to factor in:

1) gas guzzler tax
2) luxury tax
3) registration/tags
4) sales tax on everything

For me, Maryland is 5% sales tax.

This added approximately $5100 to the MSRP price of my car.

Enjoy your M3!! you won't regret it...

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Impulss said:
I'm not sure what the money factor you listed means.

But either way, remember to factor in:

1) gas guzzler tax
2) luxury tax
3) registration/tags
4) sales tax on everything

For me, Maryland is 5% sales tax.

This added approximately $5100 to the MSRP price of my car.

Enjoy your M3!! you won't regret it...
I think the luxury tax goes away next year.

·
Nymphomaniac
352 Posts
how much did u get for the trade in?

Just curious how much you got for the trade in? Stock Car or with Mods? I'm thinking about doing the same.

·
Law Enforcer
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tquach: It was modified, but it's all back to stock except for the Hartge lip on the front that i didn't feel like removing. The Hartge lip goes well w/ the stock lines of the car, so they probably won't even notice it. Who knows? ;) I won't know what I get for the car until the day I trade it in, but my salesman has everything already worked out, so it's just a "go in and sign papers" deal. He already got my payoff and everything.

·
Registered
703 Posts
M3Inline6 said:
tquach: It was modified, but it's all back to stock except for the Hartge lip on the front that i didn't feel like removing. The Hartge lip goes well w/ the stock lines of the car, so they probably won't even notice it. Who knows? ;) I won't know what I get for the car until the day I trade it in, but my salesman has everything already worked out, so it's just a "go in and sign papers" deal. He already got my payoff and everything.
Best of luck... :confused:

John V

·
Nymphomaniac
352 Posts
Thanks For the Info

By the way where are you located?

·
Law Enforcer
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in So.Cal. I live in Ontario, work in Orange county (Irvine)

·
Registered
107 Posts
same as posted in Bimmerfest.

M3Inline6, back out the deal if you can. You are paying at least $400 more a month, assuming a 61% residual. $400*60m=$24,000 (That's how much OVER MSRP dealer is chargin you). You can 4 sure get a better deal than this.:huh:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Based on the numbers listed, that works out to $62,880 over 5 years. That doesn't seem too bad considering the interest is figured in. I dunno how much the tax is though - maybe an additional $3K-$4K? Am I missing something? :dunno:

·
Law Enforcer
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MarkY: Yeah the numbers don't seem that bad to me, considering I owe 35k on a 330ci that I'm trading in, so I have to factor that in as well. Had I just gone in w/ 9k w/o the trade in, it would be different. Trade in's are a hassle, and I hate doing it. My 330ci is a year old this month. California tax is about 7.75%.

Audikiller: :D I am kinda nutz huh? Most of the m3 owners I know pay between $750.00 and $840.00 a month. But i know this is all dependent on down payment, interest, etc...so it's case sensitive.

Noahabel: Yep it's a lease, BUT, I'm refinancing in a year.

Another thing you must all factor in is that I haven't had credit in 3 years (my civics and my 330ci were in grandmas name so that I could get her lovely interest rates. :pimpin: I love my grandma. She's co-signing on the M3) ...so getting an M3 at 23 is a pretty big step, but when the money's good, gotta run w/ it. But when it comes to signing papers, if the deal looks sour once i have figures in my face, I won't do it.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Are you sure about that?

doughsun said:

I think the luxury tax goes away next year.
Luxury tax goes away? How come?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Luxury tax goes away because the rich people are now making the laws. They don't want to pay extra for their toys in order to support those less advantaged. :rolleyes:

Actually, I think it was planned to be phased out from the start, but I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
968 Posts
hate to tell you but..

You don't know what you are getting for the trade in 'til you trade it in? Well, no offense, but you might get raped when you show up. The trade-in price is to be negotiated. Don't ever just agree to what the dealer says -- I mean jeez! Maybe you need to involve someone else besides grams in the purchase process. I don't mean to sound harsh, I just want to warn you.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
464 Posts
M3Inline6 said:
Yeah the numbers don't seem that bad to me, considering I owe 35k on a 330ci that I'm trading in, so I have to factor that in as well. Had I just gone in w/ 9k w/o the trade in, it would be different. Trade in's are a hassle, and I hate doing it. My 330ci is a year old this month. California tax is about 7.75%.
Bro, you should seriously think about selling your 330 on your own. I sold my 1 year old 330Ci with ALL Dinan mods and ACS Type IIIs for $35K. The first guy that looked at it bought it and he isn't even into modding....never even heard of Dinan. Anyway, I'm just saying, don't be in such a hurry that you screw yourself. $900 is a lot to pay for a car. Sell your 330, use that as a down on the M.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts