E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and thank you for your help!

After cleaning my ICV and Throttle bodies, I reassembled everything and restarted my car to find that it is in limp mode and is reading the following codes:
107, 119, 120, 230.
After I got the codes, I tore everything apart again, made sure nothing was disconnected or misassembled. I made sure that the intake clamps weren't interfering with the throttle. I cleared the DME adaptions and tried the Internet solution to recalibrating the TPS's. So far, nothing has changed and all 4 codes remain.

Honestly, I'm not sure what's going on and I'm at a loss of what to do or check next. I believe that after cleaning the throttle bodies, the computer is registering them slightly off? They were remarkably dirty but even after cleaning, it would make a difference of less than a MM, I'm sure.

At any rate, any suggestion or advice is welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did you lubricate them following the cleaning?
The ICV may be gummed up by the dirt matrix being forced into the crevices of the device.
I generally use a dry ptfe lube spray like Wurth to flood the part and flush the cleaner/gunk amalgam that dries into a gummy matrix in the cevices.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you lubricate them following the cleaning?
The ICV may be gummed up by the dirt matrix being forced into the crevices of the device.
I generally use a dry ptfe lube spray like Wurth to flood the part and flush the cleaner/gunk amalgam that dries into a gummy matrix in the cevices.
That's worth a shot. You're saying to lubricate only the ICV or the throttle bodies as well? All was moving well after I cleaned everything.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Did the TB sensor get reconnected? Codes sound like it wasn't connected. Might clean the contacts and reseat.

Edit: I saw your other post that shows a 3rd picture and it looks connected. Nevermind.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The linkage for the throttlebodies is pretty much external so the cleaner/dirt would have run down the side of the engine.
The ICV is a cavity, so make surestuff has not pooled inside it, and dried.
Some times, a part may fail and you cannot bring it back.

·
Registered
314 Posts
A few things that came to mind for me were :
(3) Throttle position sensors - One on each side of throttle bodies and the Gas pedal
and interference with the linkage from the clamps.
If you've determined those are all good, then I hope someone more knowledgeable that I can help!

·
Registered
04 M3 / MK4 R32 supercharged
9 Posts
I had my linkages get “sticky” at one point caused all sorts of weird issues and limp mode… cleaned and used a bit of wd40 and immediately went away after clearing codes once more, never came back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had my linkages get “sticky” at one point caused all sorts of weird issues and limp mode… cleaned and used a bit of wd40 and immediately went away after clearing codes once more, never came back.
That's good advice. I thought about lubing all of my springs and such that work the throttle.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
6,764 Posts
Doing such has worked for us twice. Since the throttle is electric, it's constantly monitoring the Delta of how many Ms it takes to get to point X. If anything outside the range....Faults for safety.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts