E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little advice for anyone doing a header replacement for their M3. 1) Get someone who knows what they are doing...2) Do not attempt to stretch the o2 sensors to the new positions on the pipe, it is no use, your check engine light will come on anyway, just strap them to a good place in the engine compartment where they will get heat and a good wiff of the new smell of your car...lol 3) be prepared to pay someone with access to a reset computer to properly retune your car...4) get ready to feel some power, I did Supersprint headers to muffler, and since retuning my car, I was able to burn in 3rd...it is unbelieveable. Thanks to Dave at DT Motorwerks here in Dallas, and thanks to Amir for selling me his supersprint headers...and good luck to you all that will venture down this road, trust me it is worth it...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
bimmerboy2003m3 said:
Just a little advice for anyone doing a header replacement for their M3. 1) Get someone who knows what they are doing...2) Do not attempt to stretch the o2 sensors to the new positions on the pipe, it is no use, your check engine light will come on anyway, just strap them to a good place in the engine compartment where they will get heat and a good wiff of the new smell of your car...lol 3) be prepared to pay someone with access to a reset computer to properly retune your car...4) get ready to feel some power, I did Supersprint headers to muffler, and since retuning my car, I was able to burn in 3rd...it is unbelieveable. Thanks to Dave at DT Motorwerks here in Dallas, and thanks to Amir for selling me his supersprint headers...and good luck to you all that will venture down this road, trust me it is worth it...
Glad, you are enjoying them :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts