TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,346 Posts
mfspolo said:
holly **** how much does that car cost anyways:dunno:
~225k from the reports I have heard :tsk:

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
It has been reported by many different sources that the new M3's should have the v8. The same was said about the CSL too though :eeps:

·
Registered
278 Posts
imo they wont put the V8 in the m3 unless they change the m5.

...not the best marketing to have that same engine in a car costing 30,000 bucks less.

·
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar
6,077 Posts
ferg2001 said:
imo they wont put the V8 in the m3 unless they change the m5.

...not the best marketing to have that same engine in a car costing 30,000 bucks less.
Thats why the M5 is gonna have a V10 with 500hp.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I really hope they dont put a V8 in the M3. the m3's trademark is the best inline six in the world!! they should save the v8 and v10 for the m5 and m6.....if and when they come out w/ one

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
2,124 Posts
///M3Matt said:
I really hope they dont put a V8 in the M3. the m3's trademark is the best inline six in the world!! they should save the v8 and v10 for the m5 and m6.....if and when they come out w/ one

i dont think engines that blow should be consdiered the best in the world :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
653 Posts
the V10 is confirmed by BMW

and the V8 in the csl NO dealer said it was a true statement they all said its going to be a V6...so i dono who told you csl would get a V8 and it doesnt even make sense because v8 is for 2006 models which is dec 2005 ..why would they sell of their v8 plan tech so early...unless its in the gtr who only the absolute bmw lovers will own....

this is what a "friends told me who went to germany's bmw auto plant for a conference" i cannot say his name.....

M3 V8 engine at when he went was being developed down from the racing one so the M3 could go racing in 2007 with a better engine...he was telling me how they are testing with a 4.23 L engine or something...

He said if they dont complete the in car test by 2004 the car will not be seen in us till end of 2006.

He did not say anything about the styling ext...he said "looks mean" not a womens car...so im guessing this is good...

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
i heard from pres.of north america bmw that

i heard him last week say the m3 won't change in america untill 18 months from know but said m5 will change with some other models
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
278 Posts
check this--(sorry if this is old news UltimateOne)

Other news is that the 5-Series range will feature a new 284 kW twin-turbo 3-litre inline six-cylinder engine in the lineup, with performance almost on a par with the current M5 - 0-100 km/h in the 5.5 seconds bracket, with top speed limited to 250 km/h.

Great news is that pricing for the 530 turbo will be a lot less than that of the current M5

turbo=crazy moddability :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts