BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
Bet that is music to your ears huh Q? hahahaha

Now go get that exhaust! and drop that sucker... :)

rk

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
That's GREAT!

I'm so glad I didn't get that used 2001 M3.. cuz now I get a new one and 100,000 mile warranty.

My VIN better be included in that list of 2003 M3s :eeps:

·
Modded
1,162 Posts
*wiping tears from eyes*
It's so beautiful news bro...now, our resale value gonna go up! :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

This is a Christmas present from BMW to M3 owners! :thumbup:

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
i was just emailed by the Owner's Circle with the same letter. I told all you guys before not to stress about the engine. If it blows it blows. Nothing you can really do to prevent it. And no sense in babying your M3, that just takes the fun out of it. Saves me $2000 now that I dont have to buy the extended warranty.

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
audikiller said:
Why would they??
Exactly. There is no reason for them to lose more money and warranty all the cars just because of the problems that SOME of the M3s had/have. I sure dont want prices going up too much int he future.

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,792 Posts
i wish i can recieve that letter..
but thats nice of them to extend the warranty.

·
Law Enforcer
2,514 Posts
I just spoke w/ Seth from BMWNA, and he said he has heard info re: this issue for extended warranty on powertrain, but gave no definite answer. He's supposed to f/u w/ me later today to verify. He did say it'd be VIN specific though. Whenever I hear back, I'll let the board know.

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
M3Inline6 said:
He did say it'd be VIN specific though
From the letter: Extended Warranty on all S54 Engines in M3 coupe, convertible and M roadster and coupe model
year 2001, 2002, and until further notice, current production 2003 (Vehicle Identification Number specific)

So just '03 models are VIN specific.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts