E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any more info on this kit? ie. will it blow my engine?!?! please enlighten me.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
no, ESS makes a kit for the M3. I would not worry with ESS, they have been around long enough and I have never heard of any problems with their kits(although the M3 is a new task) Why not go with AA? A little cheaper than ESS and it seems pretty reliable so far.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The E46 M3 ESS charger is not new. It still uses the old Vortech blower.
I would not buy the kit yet, since ESS has plans to make an s/c kit based on the ASA blower for the M3. Wait for the M3 ASA charger it will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
JimBOT said:
I think its pretty new :thumbup:
I dont think so , they have been around since 95 .
They are running ASA blowers and their kits are puting out about 600hps for stage 2.
Ess is the best , they have the best sofwares out there .
The reason people havent heard about them .
Its just they dont sell themselves out like other companies.

·
Psshhhht M3
5,830 Posts
m3cabrio said:
I dont think so , they have been around since 95 .
They are running ASA blowers and their kits are puting out about 600hps for stage 2.
Ess is the best , they have the best sofwares out there .
The reason people havent heard about them .
Its just they dont sell themselves out like other companies.
Well your wrong and your very late. This thread is a year old. And ESS's M3 kit doesn't use a ASA. It uses a vortech. I dont think they are putting 600hp. The ESS CSL has alot of mods and i doubt its just a stage 2. And they got 570hp.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
TaZaM3 said:
Well your wrong and your very late. This thread is a year old. And ESS's M3 kit doesn't use a ASA. It uses a vortech. I dont think they are putting 600hp. The ESS CSL has alot of mods and i doubt its just a stage 2. And they got 570hp.
Dear TazaM3 , I was doing a search for Ess , and this thread came up and I didnt pay any attention to the date so forgive me for raising the dead .

Now as far as the ASA, Vortech blower and the 600hp on the M , let say Im ahead of you and your research on this or other forums when it comes to Ess.

So I guess I can just say ooops , I let something out of the bag ....

Best of luck and lets keep this a secret ,,,, LOL

·
Psshhhht M3
5,830 Posts
m3cabrio said:
Dear TazaM3 , I was doing a search for Ess , and this thread came up and I didnt pay any attention to the date so forgive me for raising the dead .

Now as far as the ASA, Vortech blower and the 600hp on the M , let say Im ahead of you and your research on this or other forums when it comes to Ess.

So I guess I can just say ooops , I let something out of the bag ....

Best of luck and lets keep this a secret ,,,, LOL
NP, allright i dont know how much is true nor do i have enough resources to claim that i know the truth. Last i know ESS was still using Vortech (my friend has his kit installed). Maybe they went ASA towards the M3 also, its believable since they did that for the regular 3er kits. 600 Crank Hp would be awesome, needs about 9psi though. Maybe stage 2 needs a headgasket change, dunno. Oh and i highly believe its on stock internals/compression.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
TaZaM3 said:
NP, allright i dont know how much is true nor do i have enough resources to claim that i know the truth. Last i know ESS was still using Vortech (my friend has his kit installed). Maybe they went ASA towards the M3 also, its believable since they did that for the regular 3er kits. 600 Crank Hp would be awesome, needs about 9psi though. Maybe stage 2 needs a headgasket change, dunno. Oh and i highly believe its on stock internals/compression.
:D Come on Taza its suppose to be a secret , :D

·
www.my330i.com
1,906 Posts
ESS currently has a Vortech VT2 system for the M3 now. The LOADED CSL runs that one at 600hp BUT...

they are currently testing an all new system for the M3 that will come in three stages. It will be expensive I am sure (engine mods are needed above stage 1), but the question is how much is it worth to us to have the 500hp, 600hp, or even the 700hp version?

They are making upwards of 700hp on the test M3 comfortably. If all goes well, it will be unveiled at Bimmerfest 2006 along side the non-M stage 4 version.

Ssshhh... top secret. You didnt hear it from me.

·
Psshhhht M3
5,830 Posts
MarvelPhx said:
ESS currently has a Vortech VT2 system for the M3 now. The LOADED CSL runs that one at 600hp BUT...

they are currently testing an all new system for the M3 that will come in three stages. It will be expensive I am sure (engine mods are needed above stage 1), but the question is how much is it worth to us to have the 500hp, 600hp, or even the 700hp version?

They are making upwards of 700hp on the test M3 comfortably. If all goes well, it will be unveiled at Bimmerfest 2006 along side the non-M stage 4 version.

Ssshhh... top secret. You didnt hear it from me.
LOL, thanks for the info.

I know the ESS CSL is running a headgasket for sure, maybe more internals also. They hit 570 Crank HP. So i believe that is probably their stage 2? 700HP is gonna need new pistons/rods.

·
www.my330i.com
1,906 Posts
No head gasket...

·
Psshhhht M3
5,830 Posts
MarvelPhx said:
No head gasket...

Im 100% sure i read it somewhere. Im going to go look for it now.

Do you know how much boost the CSl is running? Anywhere near 10psi and with no headgasket (at least) is a very bad idea.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Casanova said:
i didn't know ESS made a kit for the M3, I know they make it for regular 3ers. Also the only kits for M3 I know are the evosport and the AATuning ones.
:loco:

·
Psshhhht M3
5,830 Posts
Mteknic330ci said:

Well I dont blame him as we have only seen the ESS CSL SC'd. There hasnt been any talk of a ESS M3. I know one in town but thats really rare and not many people know of it.

PS. Your car is hot bro.

·
Registered
291 Posts
sorry a little of topic, but I just sold my baby yesterday e36 M3 and now im looking to get an e46 M3 and S/C it. I was leaning towards VF engeering's S/C kit that looks very well put together. Although they dont have any dyno numbers yet for it. Kit should be coming out very soon. I was just wondering if that is my best way to go, or would AA, ESS be a better solution. Also how much stress do these kits put on the engine since it has high compression. Im goin for just a stage 1. Am I going to be safe as this is going to be my daily driver.

TazaM3- How long did you have your S/C on your car and did you have any problems with it?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts