BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so lately I started to hear a clunk type of sound coming from underneath the car whenever I let off the gas while already accelerated at random speeds. At first it was quieter but not you can not only hear it louder but also feel it. The sound is often 2 clunks right after another and also does it when shifting gears(SMG btw).

I'm no car expert but I do know some stuff, therefore with my knowledge about cars I am worried about couple things! First would be a bad flex disc, second would be bad differential bushings or mounts??????:cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
169 Posts
The gear shift clunk is normal. Take it out of sport mode and set the gearbox to 3 or 4 and see if you get it then.

Only use sport mode when driving a bit harder than normal and changing gears over 4,000rpm... M3's love that :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have been living with this clunk! Brand new diff bushings, subframe bushings, rtabs, welded subframe reinforcement. Still have it! Yours seems like its a little different than mine. But good luck, i know how annoying it is. Have new suspension going in soon, we'll see if its better or not.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Check the suspension and bushings, but these cars simply clunk. There's a lot of lash in the LSD. More on one side than the other. It's the way it was designed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts