E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
took the car out for a spin :4ngie:
2 go pro HDs on R3
watch on youtube for hd 1080p

i think i did not too bad for my first time on dry pavement.
http://youtu.be/VfzA8FcbLqU

mods in sig (mine is the silver grey, other is my dads)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Haha sweet video! We've had some nice weather here recently missing my car :(

P.s. next time you should set some pilons up that will show your real skills :p

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Coming around a corner (outskirts of town, I take this corner at least once a day), car is still cold so take it quicker than normal so I don't need to downshift (about 25 mph).

as I'm at about the apex, I see a cop car with someone pulled over about 125 meters up the road. He is walking towards the other car. He proceeds to walk into the middle of the road, and points me to pull up to him. This is what he says:

"this thing has stuff suspension right?"
"sorry?"
"this thing has stiff suspension right?"
"fairly stiff I guess"
"when I see you coming around a corner with your car leaned to one side, that tells me you're going too fast. I will give you a careless and tow your vehicle so fast" blah blah.

He was pretty pissed, i feel sorry for the guy pulled over.

Cool story I know, just your typical being threatened by a cop.

Is careless at the cops judgment? Or do the tires need to be squeeling/crossing the middle line/etc.?
Think I'm gonna turn my gopro on everyone I get in the car from now on.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
wait so did anything happen with the police officer?

edit: funny story: this past weekend my friend was speeding in teh middle of the night on the highway. No other cars around. Gets pulled over and the cop says "my buddy radio'd you in a while ago, you were doing 95 and I've been waiting for you here for about 5 minutes." My friends cooly replies (with a smile), "officer, I got here as fast as i could." Cop thought it was great and let him off lol. Actually worked :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,106 Posts

edit: funny story: this past weekend my friend was speeding in teh middle of the night on the highway. No other cars around. Gets pulled over and the cop says "my buddy radio'd you in a while ago, you were doing 95 and I've been waiting for you here for about 5 minutes." My friends cooly replies (with a smile), "officer, I got here as fast as i could." Cop thought it was great and let him off lol. Actually worked :facepalm:
I laughed haha ok my turn.
So I had a golf club in my car, just one. And I was pulled over for not usin my indicator. I had the top down so the cop saw the random golf club in my backseat an of course it looks like a weapon. So he asks me "why is there only one golf club and not a set?"
I responded "that's my designated driver"

He let me go.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Besides the awesome lecture, no.

Those are some great cop stories guys, pretty cool it worked out in the end.

One quick one that comes to mind was when I was ridin with a few buddies to a car show in Toronto. On the way there, some van was messing with us (can't remember what exactly) so one of my buddies mooned them as we finally got by. Like 20 minutes later, we drive by a cop sitting right beside the highway, scanning for cars, obviously looking for something specific.
Sure enough he pulls us over. Asked us if we mooned them, we denied. Turns out the car's sticker was out of date, so he gave a ticket for that and told us to have an "assome" day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is one I heard.
Officer pulls a guy over and says: Its the end of the day, Im tired and going home, give me an excuse I never heard and Ill let you go.
The guy says, my wife left me for a state trooper, when I saw your car I tried to speed away thinking you might be trying to return her...:banghead::rofl:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cop pulls you over for speeding, asks why you're speeding.
"I'm on my way to purchase a ticket for the state trooper ball this Christmas.
Cop says

"state troopers don't have balls"...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts