BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,051 Posts
Audi seems to take the M3 off the line every time, but the M3 always catches up and passes by about 3rd or 4th gear. The Audi RS6 is a station wagon. Nice car. Right click, Save as. The file is around 8 megs. Nice video. :thumbup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kain, I don't know about the tranny I ran across the vid on an S4 site, but judging by the M3's little donut session I would guess it was a manual. Not sure if you can control the wheelspin like that with SMG.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well let me say I'm impressed even more by that tire shredding session now that I know it was done with the SMG!

·
Crazy Boy
1,339 Posts
The M3 has always been able to beat the S4... all magazine and other tests have confirmed this. Despite the S4 having so much more hp and not being that much heavier.

·
needs a new sig...
4,600 Posts
Ok..i got the video..is anyone esle concerned that it was an S4 Avant..i guess that the Avant is heavier then the regualr S4 no?

·
Registered
286 Posts
No, the difference is less than 70 pounds betvern the avant and reg.

·
Registered
654 Posts
The link isnt working for me:dunno: I hit save as and everything

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The S4 guys are all making excuses, turns out it is an SMG car, a 6spd could have taken the S4 even earlier maybe beating him to 60.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Awesome video. That is pretty impressive that the M3 can overcome more HP more TQ, a larger engine and AWD.

·
923 Posts
Does show the weakness of SMG. BAD starts.. You'll see the SMG start off but move alittle then start heavy acceleration. There is some lag as the clutch fully engages after 2krpm.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts