E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
www.my330i.com
1,879 Posts
There is no such part. You have to fabricate/make your own.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
jetblackbimmer said:
ANyone know where to get aluminum steering wheel trim for the m3. I cant believe BMW doesn't have this standard for the m.
hi maybe you saw the silver carbon fibre trim for the steering wheel it looks like the alum trim alot ????????
bobm3 :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
287 Posts
not true..there is an OEM part for this.....saw a link b4..will try to find it

·
Registered
287 Posts
that one is matte chrome i believe..dont know if that matters to you....

·
Master of his domain.
2,244 Posts
If you want one that is truly aluminum (meaning the actual metal) and that doesn't just look like aluminum, have your local dealer search for "Aluminum Shadow" trim.

·
Registered
133 Posts
slightly cahnging the subject is it possible to change the wheel on my early 328ci ...shown in pic.... i dont have multi function but have heard if i did get a newer wheel u can buy a blank section to replace buttons?? and i know i will need to replace airbag...basically i'm wondering if i can even fit either the standard 2000 wheel or M wheel with blank plates instead of mutlifunction buttons....

Attachments

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Here a pics of mine.....no one I know makes the upper

trim in aluminum so I did my own by carefully removing and sanding/painting the new one.

Flows with the interior of the car much better than doing the bottom piece!

:thumbup:

enjoy,
rk

·
www.my330i.com
1,879 Posts
Hey, that is my car and photo... nicely cropped of it's my330i.com watermark... :confused:

pinoypc said:
doeasnt hamann make one?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey rick where did you get the e brake boot in red?
also did you paint the trim above your speakers and if so how did you do it?
that looks really good

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
MPA33ION said:
that one is matte chrome i believe..dont know if that matters to you....
thanks for the information. it does not matter to me. the one you have is a perfect match for my trim. i have a opion book at home some where. i will try to find the number for it. if i do i will post it for very body.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Boots are custom stitched by our local shop who does contract work for us. We can get more made if you want..just PM me.

As for the speaker trim, nope I can't take credit for that! That was part of the titan shadow trim from the stock M3. Dealer does not have provisions to swap out that piece so I just left it alone.

rk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts