BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am planing to buy and 323 now soon, and I am realy serious about making it Look, like an M3!

I have bin reading a lot of treds latly! Were you say: Why buy an 323, when you can just wait and save some more money, and then buy an M3.

I can tell you why I am buying an 323! If I want to buy an 1999-2001 323 used in Norway then I am looking at about about 35-40.000 USD! And yes I am serious! An realy cheap E46 M3 will cost me about 95-100.000 USD. :excited: :bawling:

The Front fenders I can get! They are bolt on.

But the car looks kind of wirde with only the front wide fenders!
So I have bin thinking of makinga rear fender add on (widebody kit)!
I was planing to make it in fiberglass like other widebody kit!

Then I was thinking, how can I "coppy" curvs of an car?
By making a mold out of fiberglass? Then filling it with fiberglass and making a coppy of the fender! So know you only have a fender add-on!
to mount it to the Non-M.

Do anyon of you think this will woork?
Has anyone don this befor?

I mad a mspaint instruction if anyone of you don`t get what i meen.

Okay peopel, I am new to this forum, don`t kill me rigth know, also my english is not a+, sorry for that :banghead:

Attachments

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
i personally wouldn't do the rear like that.

what i would do is tell them to make it in sheet metal. it might be a bit more expensive but it would look a lot better in my opinion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i personally wouldn't do the rear like that.

what i would do is tell them to make it in sheet metal. it might be a bit more expensive but it would look a lot better in my opinion.
look beter? How can you tell if it fiberglass or metal?

Maybe If just get som OEM M fenders and cut out just the fender and then weld it on top of the old rear fender?

But how will the fiberglass reakt with gas on the side of the car? will the paint protect it?

This is a DIY, not shop woork!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts