E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if any E46 M3 can be programmed to have M Track mode?

I read in MITE46's thread that he enabled that on his E30 project....

That would be a nice idea if you can program the DSC button to enable M Track mode or completely off....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M Track Mode is what was offered in the Competition Package (ZHP) in 2005 on the M3 is was a mode of the stability control and traction control which was not entirely off and allowed some loss of traction to the control of the driver and activated when this exceeded a certain threshold to avoid losing total control...

This was offered in a button on the steering wheel for this package.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thread revival !

Anyone ever do this? I met one BMW Tech who claims to have done it but I never confirmed.

Regards,
Loay

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump !

·
Registered
587 Posts
I know on my car, '02 330i, there are 3 levels of traction control, 1 is on, 1 is completely off, and the other 1 is in between the 2, allowing some tire sliding, but not enough to get you into too much trouble. It does work. Almost like a launch control lol

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I know on my car, '02 330i, there are 3 levels of traction control, 1 is on, 1 is completely off, and the other 1 is in between the 2, allowing some tire sliding, but not enough to get you into too much trouble. It does work. Almost like a launch control lol
Not talking about a button in your car. This is about programming the car with a stand a lone computer.

Contact MITE46 by email or his website?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Hopefully this thread gets some responses so I don't have to make a new one. Im not interested in utilizing the M Track program on my car but could the Competition package wheel button be used to control the DSC button instead of using the one on the dash? Has someone done this before on a non-M car (or any car)? It seems like it would be easy enough to reroute the function but I am by no means an expert in this area.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Hopefully this thread gets some responses so I don't have to make a new one. Im not interested in utilizing the M Track program on my car but could the Competition package wheel button be used to control the DSC button instead of using the one on the dash? Has someone done this before on a non-M car (or any car)? It seems like it would be easy enough to reroute the function but I am by no means an expert in this area.
It's actually kinda hard to reroute the DSC button because it is an electronic button with a strange amount of complexity and not a simple mechanical pushbutton. This is what I've read at least. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Working on it. Originally we thought you'd need a DSC module from a ZCP with would necessitate a ZCP steering rack... but now it's looking like it might be possible with just a recode of the ZCP DSC brain. We'll see...

Personally, I'd remap the sport button to do this :D

·
Registered
528 Posts
Working on it. Originally we thought you'd need a DSC module from a ZCP with would necessitate a ZCP steering rack... but now it's looking like it might be possible with just a recode of the ZCP DSC brain. We'll see...

I thought the sport button added another 40whp.

:excited:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts

Im assuming you're referring to my question and not the original question correct? This post alone has discouraged me to the point I think Ill just get a control-delete panel for my existing wheel. Steering wheel controls are the devil.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Im assuming you're referring to my question and not the original question correct? This post alone has discouraged me to the point I think Ill just get a control-delete panel for my existing wheel. Steering wheel controls are the devil.
He's talking to the OP (the ZCP uses M-track mode), but yours is equally as hard... with a ZCP wheel you're a bit of the way there (the DSC uses a BUS connection meant for a computer interface, it's not a normal button (what Miles was talking about). The ZCP wheel would have the right button to match up to the connector, but it would just be a matter of having the wiring come up through the dash and into the steering wheel in a way that the steering wheel can still go lock to lock without it tangling up, coming out, loose, or anything...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.