BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far, I have been searching out the ass...I know that I will have to modify the Rear Diffuser. Also, the Battery Tray or the Spare Wheel Well. I was wondering is there any way around it? Also...I tried searching for a picture under the car showing the layout of the piping.

Exhaust Tips

Thanks
Anthony

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,550 Posts
Here is one...

And here is another....

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did u put anything around the battery tray? So it wont Melt? Also, My diff cover have some fins hanging down and I dont think it will fit....:hmm:

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the ones pictures above much more than the Y pipe.

IMO Y pipes are wack b/c it is blatant form over function. At least the ones that have piping available to let the car breathe better- not only improve the look, but also let out more exhaust.

:dunno:,
-Chris
What are u talking about Y? Most people just off there muffler and run 2 new pipes out back...:hmm:

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But when u cut the muffler off and run 2 new pipes out from the res. doesnt that make it flow better? and then Y it off with the tips?:hmm: Anyways...Anymore pics?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I will like to see the finish look of the rear of the car posted.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you dont need anything under the batery. it wont melt. my buddy had his pretty much sitting on his tray and it was fine
So what is the Hype all about it melting and bla bla all about? Also, How do yall change ur diff fluids? Isnt the pipe in the way?

Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
652 Posts
I got magnaflow dual outlet.. it runs under the battery tray and its fine.. its a great mod ... quad exhaust FTW

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got magnaflow dual outlet.. it runs under the battery tray and its fine.. its a great mod ... quad exhaust FTW
Have any pics underneath your car?

Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm still trying to find time to take pics of the ride ... imma PM you a pic of the exhaust when I got it .. Just do it man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still trying to find time to take pics of the ride ... imma PM you a pic of the exhaust when I got it .. Just do it man :thumbsup:
No doubt about doing it...Just want to do it correctly...I like it do it once and correctly...Hate doing stuff twice..:str8pimpi Already have the Tips...LOL..just need time to cut the diffuser and bring it to the shop..:D

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,550 Posts
^ i read the fitting guide(last link) and it seems the tips are dummy tips. mounted to the spare tire well. nothing lamer than fake tips mounted to look like a real exhaust. :tsk:

i did like the pictures and diffusor for the M-Tech rear.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Fake Tips FTL!!!!!!!!!! Plus trying too hard to look like and M3? man how sad....might was well put the M3 bidge and side grills while you're at it....

1 - 20 of 101 Posts