BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a scheme or something for the assembly of an m tech frontbumper?
i mean asssembly of the gril,brakeducts,foglights....in the bumper itself
thanx

·
Just Marinatin'
2,912 Posts
is there some part you are confused about?

I did mine and it was really easy. Everything just snaps together. Post your question of what you dont' know how to do and I will try to answer it or I am sure that someone might get to it before me. If you do a search you will find all sorts of info on the bumper.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
today i got my bumper and there is one plastic piece that i can't place,maybe it's me:dunno:
it's a u shaped piece about 15 inch long?

·
Just Marinatin'
2,912 Posts
I am pretty sure I know what you are talking about

It is black right? Has a bunch of inserts on it to be clipped into? If that is the piece then it snaps in behind the mesh grill. Just match it up because all of the inserts match to the clips. Just work that thing on there. Takes a little pressure but all that it really is is a support bracket. Let me know if it is something different you are talking about.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep that s it!,i was about to take a pic of it
thanks!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :bow:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i circeled it in red

Attachments

·
Just Marinatin'
2,912 Posts
thats the piece I was talking about

basically it just snaps in behind the mesh. Just snap the mesh in and then snap that thing behind it. Once you get it on there then you will see how it fits. You just have to put it on there to where all of the little inserts will fit into the clips.

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
question: are you supposed to put the mesh grill on before you install the bumper on the car? or do you need to get behind the mesh part to screw stuff in during the install?

·
I holla
1,692 Posts
damn, you guys are DIYing that!? sounds hard. anyway, here's a pic of the u shapped thingy behind the mesh

·
Registered
452 Posts
Bender ,

Did you by the kit already painted silver? If not, how mauch did it cost to get it painted? Thanks.

·
Party Times!
1,801 Posts
Yea how much did you guys pay for the full kit, and how much did it cost to paint and install it. (I know i know this has been mentioned a million times, but could you list the exact part numbers needed, becuase i have seen many differen't parts told by different people. Thanks.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts