498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had the car in for some exterior goodies:
-M Tech II Front Spoiler
-Rear M Tech II Bumper
-///M Style Trunk Lip
-Painted Rear Diffuser and Moldings

My thoughts on the Replica MTechII front and rear:

This is a Replica M Tech II Front and Rear from one of our site sponsors. First off I'd like to say if you have the extra cash to shell out then go OEM. The body shop had a lot of trouble with fitment but they made it work. Also the fog lights that came with the bumper are cheap, garbage IMO. The second I started to rinse the car off they fogged up. I had to take them off and clean and seal it up myself. I was told when I purchased this bumper that everything needed to retrofit is included if its not already on the car. That wasn't true. As most of you know you will need new slides, ducts, and adapters for fogs. Overall for the money spent I am please. Everything turned out good. The process was just a PITA!

Next on the list is koni FSD shock with Eibach springs. The car is begging for a drop. Also would like to try something new for wheels.

Now for some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DDM is POS...but car looks great! :thumbsup:
Didn't get from ddm and some say they get theres from other sources but w.e. After all the BS im happy. Thanks a lot!
Really, I thought you car was already dropped from those pics. lol. (from an xi owner :))
Ha I prolly looked slammed to you :D
lesson learned always go OEM!! lol still came out pretty hot though..
OEM FTW! Thanks!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You make me miss my M6 reps :( but the car looks great! I actually like the chrome window trim with the clears and polished looking rims.
Thank's a lot. I remember your car with the M6's. The only reason I haven't changed the trim was because i thought it flowed with the finish on the wheels.

what % tint you have in your front windshield?
30% on the windshield. 5% on the rest.

does quite look right with everything aggressive but the mirrors
Thanks bud. Your right about the mirrors. Im just waiting for something to come along..

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any closeups of the fitment? How are the gaps in the rear?
I will take some. The body shop did a very good job on the front. The rear on the other hand, one side is spot on and the right side isn't as flush. Sticks out a 1/4 inch.

This is all I have for now:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Black car is black. Can't see sht in those pics. Looks great from what I can tell though, you pull of the M6 wheels well.
Talking about lighting?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Car looks great man!

Get those mirrors on asap and it will be money

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One other thing I noticed. It was a very tight squeez for the Rebar to fit in place causing two points, in the center just above the moldings on the rear, to come out a little. Not noticable but with the right lighting it makes it look as if there is a small dent

1 - 20 of 22 Posts