BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just purchased an E46 convertible 03 plate 318ci, it is the face ift model.

I would really appreciate anyone's advice and help in converting this into looking ike a Facelift M Sport.

I am planning on converting this into a M Sport (the bumpers and side skirts).

First of all is there any difference between pre-facelift M Sport and facelift M Sport?
as I have found a breaker who says they can give me the bumper from a 03 plate pre-facelift coupe. will this fit?

I have been told that I need the break ducts with the front bumper, s this true? and what are the brake ducts.

I already have reverse parking sensors on my car can I still just purchase any bumper or do I have to get specific bumper to fit my parking sensor.

Also would it be possible to fit vents into the front wing?

I would like to thank you in advance for your help and advice andI welcome any suggestions.

Kind Regards
MrMash

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,595 Posts
sounds like you want to add the M-Tech II body kit. you are in the UK and most of the users here aren't familiar with the differences on the USA vs UK models.

but you should be able to swap the bumpers and sideskirts. you can't get the ones for the sedan(saloon), you need Coupe/Convertible.

as for the parking sensors, you need a bumper that is made for the sensors if i recall correctly. could be wrong. been a while since i dealt with Non-M3 bumpers. can't recall if it's built into the bumper or the valance on M-Tech II.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You will need to get face lift front and rear bumpers plus diffuser and fixings.

You also need the brake ducts these are square tubes that run from the front bumper into the wheel well to cool the brakes, you will also need the front wheel arch liner with the square hole to fit the brake ducts.

As alex323ci said you need facelift bumpers ( in fact all parts) to suit coupe/convertible.

Don't bother with the front wing vents otherwise you will need all M3 parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts