BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do dealerships generally charge for the ///M oilcap? Anybody out there have the P/N :dunno:

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I found the P/N 11-12-1-405-452 for the oilcap but its too late to check prices at the dealerships

·
Town Clown
15,035 Posts
None of the online dealers have it on their websites?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
They run about 6 EURO.

If you like the style, but don't want to look like an ///M poser, I have this M-Technik one I'll sell you for $5 + postage ;)

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not trying to be an M3 poser, I'm just going with the spirit of ///M which would be to enhance a car for the pleasure of the driving experience :thumbup:

·
Registered
463 Posts
GhostRider said:
I'm not trying to be an M3 poser, I'm just going with the spirit of ///M which would be to enhance a car for the pleasure of the driving experience :thumbup:
Plus the cap will add at least 5 horsepower, especially because it is so close to the engine.... I want one too.

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well its just that the square stock cap that says 'Castrol' on it looks kinda out of place with the Dinan CF covers and the CF Gruppe M intake.
I'd really like the polished M oilcap but its been discontinued last I heard. I can still grab the plastic M oilcap off ebay for about $8-$12 shipped but I hear UUC is about to come out with a new oilcap design, so I might wait(unless I can find some one selling the polished M oilcap).

·
Registered
740 Posts
I lost mine and I had to buy a new one for 20 bucks

·
Masterdebator
1,640 Posts
I got one for 12 bucks at Savage BMW. I'm not a posuer, I just thinks it looks better than the stock one for my 330i, and it's not like people will see it all the time it's a mod just for me. Besides, I hate the "BMW recommends Castrol" crap on my stock oil cap. Definately get it, it's not expensive, and it looks really good.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey guys, at these times when you just have to have a price on a part and the dealers aren't open, just go Circle BMW's web site
Here and punch in the part number.

BTW, for the M cap:
Part Number: 11 12 1 405 452
Description: SEALING COVER
List Price: $ 9.60

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Whoa guys and girls, I didn't mean to offend anyone with the "///M 3 poser" remark! I just know there are quite a few people out there that don't think ///M's belong on non-///M cars. Also, I haven't seen anyone else out there that has posted picture of this cap and just wanted to let peolpe know it's an OEM option ;) Heck, I didn't know about this oil cap until I picked it up. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts