E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings!

Im looking for a replacement for my car (2000's 323i) I found those on ebay: "Front Chrome M-Look OEM Replacement Kidney Grille" i have not see any car using those yet, not even the seller have a picture of those installed on a car, i like the look of them, but i wonder how they'll look in the car; does anyone here have seen those before?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get OEM, all if not most aftermarket chrome grilles have the entire slat in chrome, original ones only have the leading edge chromed.
Mine is Euro, it came all chrome, edge and slats, I've seen a lot of replacement, but Im afraid of the quality.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Damn I don't find that color anywhere...but all those sites listed above are great I just think black grills with any red looks real good

·
Registered
542 Posts
I love how everything is "M-look." I think I'm going to look into getting some "M-look" door handles and an "M-look" gas cap.

OP: Get OEM grilles either from a junkyard or a dealership. You're going to be disappointed by aftermarket fitment.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I have to agree with others here. Just go to the dealer and get the right ones. I've had to order tons of sets of kidney grills over the years for cars that were both my personal and dealership cars. Anytime that I tries to save a buck by getting aftermarket I always ended up in the long run getting them from the dealer. The aftermarkets just don't ever fit right for me and the plastic clips that hold them in place break the first time you shut the hood. Hope this helps and good luck.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have to agree with others here. Just go to the dealer and get the right ones. I've had to order tons of sets of kidney grills over the years for cars that were both my personal and dealership cars. Anytime that I tries to save a buck by getting aftermarket I always ended up in the long run getting them from the dealer. The aftermarkets just don't ever fit right for me and the plastic clips that hold them in place break the first time you shut the hood. Hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks for the advice, now I have no doubt about it, I'll look for OEM.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts