BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, need your opinion/experience guys. Although I have it less than a year i might be selling my 323 and getting something new. I have access to wholesale priced cars so even a low mileage 01 M3 is on the options list. As much fun as that would be I am concerned with the fact that, for at least 1 more year, I will live in SE Michigan and the majority of the roads here are just s#*t. Not to mention the wonderful winters MI has.

I worry that as a daily driver the M wil beat me up too much and that I will grow annoyed with it. Anyone have a similar experince. Love that car, but just wish it was a little softer (I know thats a heresy in BMW world, but still...)

Cheers,
J

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you dont care about a lil salt, you will need to buy some snow tires, and im sure you'll do fine in a few inches of snow, but more then that, Im not sure, this is gonna be my first Winter with the M and I know if there its gonna be snowing, then I will take another car, I dont really wanna drive in the salt, and all that ****. But besides the 3 -4 months, the rest of the year its AMAZINGGGG

·
Registered
866 Posts
being an ex-MI guy myself, i would recommend having a 2nd car for those lovely MI winters... i moved to cincinnati for med school a few years ago and got the xi after i moved here...thing is...cinci doesnt require AWD. winter here is a joke. i would definitely consider an M as an all-season car here...but not in MI. do you want to hook me up with the wholesale discount on an M and i can trade you my xi? :) :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts