BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my Mtech bumper on and those fogs lights , light up a ugly yellow color, i was considering on getting the lumikos from SPP but i found out they are 80 watts compared to the stock 55 watts i have now.. are there any adv/ disad on putting in the 80 watts vs the 55?

Also are they H11's or 9006 eric isnt even sure.. i have 2002 325 w/ Mtech bumper and the fogs that go w/ it.

any other info would be appreciated as in what your thougts are.. or if there is abetter bulb or company i should look at .. trying to match my xeons as close as possible w/o spending a horrible amount of money

thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at those.. wat brand are those?? on the back of my bulb it says HB4 ??? are those the 9006? :dunno: :dunno:

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,847 Posts
according to a review by 325ci.com, them lumikos are not as bright as stocks :dunno:

·
call me kev :D
6,320 Posts
Bill97Z said:
Go with phillips vision plus or sylvania silverstars...brightest halogens u will find.

powerbulbs.com
i have sylvania silverstars, i replaced the lumikos with these and now i regret :sad:

anyone wants to buy my 1 week old sylvania silverstars? :dunno:

·
Registered
377 Posts
how come nobody mentions the Halogen Licht Technik on spp? are they bad or something? it mentions that safety thing to prevent melting while for lumikos its just "contact us"?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
has anyone ever had any problems running 80 watt bulbs in a harness only designed for 55 watts?

·
Registered
921 Posts
flagman5 said:
how come nobody mentions the Halogen Licht Technik on spp? are they bad or something? it mentions that safety thing to prevent melting while for lumikos its just "contact us"?
I'm thinking about ordering a set, but I'm waiting for some pics of it installed on a BMW. If i get any pics, i'll post them. or you can PM me and remind me :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
e46boy said:

i have sylvania silverstars, i replaced the lumikos with these and now i regret :sad:

anyone wants to buy my 1 week old sylvania silverstars? :dunno:
Why don't u like the silverstars?

·
Registered
272 Posts
flagman5 said:
I just got a set of the Halogen Licht Technik from SPP. I used to have the Lumikos but they were 80W and wasn't comfortable with the higher wattage rating.

The Halogen Licht Technik bulbs are a perfect match with the Xenon's. So far I liked them better than my previous lumikos...but, I just put them on so we'll see how they hold up over time.

I'm gonna try to post some pics later on..

·
call me kev :D
6,320 Posts
Bill97Z said:

Why don't u like the silverstars?
because the color doesn't match at all, it looks green compared to my xenon, looks exactly like the $10 ricer bulbs i tried...

my lumikos were wayyyyyy better match :thumbup:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i ordered a set of 55W lumikos DOT approved white xeons.. so we'll see what turns out.. they had the blue ones but they said they looked blue.. whereas my xeons look more white.. they were only 25 buks so i thought i give it a shot and see.. i will keep u guys updated :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've been running with the 9006 55W Lumikos bulbs for 6 months now and haven't had a single problem with them, they match my Xenons perfectly and I definitely notice no more yellowish hue like the stock fogs had....had recommend them...white ones not blue

SkiX:bow: :bow:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just got my lumikos last nite from UPS and put them on.. they are not as yellow as the stock fogs are, not bad for 27 buks, just hope they hold up. I wish they were a litttle whiter and brighter then it would match up more .. but overall.. not a bad deal :thumbup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have the Halogen Licht Technik 55W bulbs and they match up pretty well w/ my xenons. if you compare them really closely against the xenons, they have a slight yellowish tinge. but it's really hard to tell unless you're really looking for the difference and pretty much can't see the difference at all at a distance. i'm pretty happy with mine and would recommend them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts